t5 shift issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• t5 shift issues

Someone school me on how to setup my t5 / clutch(fox body). I have a billet quadrant with multiple "hooks" and a firewall adjuster. I also have a "pro5.0" shifter. The rest of the trans is stock. I put it in the car a couple months ago and got it where I could drive it around no problem.

The problem comes at the track, I ran four passes and missed 2nd twice.

How do i set the positive stop on the shifter? every time I think I have it in the right place it causes some other gear to not work, so if 2nd is stopped right 4th might not go all the way in.

What hook should I be on the quadrant? I think I have it on the very last hook right now.

I've read that I need .020 gap when between the flywheel and the clutch when the clutch is on the floor? How do I go about setting this up and is it even possible with a near stock setup?

How do I know if I have the clutch pushing too far with the pedal? I've read that over extending the clutch may cause shift issues or damage a diaphragm clutch

What rpm are you trying to shift at? Any wheel spin? I've noticed mine has a hard time going into second if it blows the tires off in 1st.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
      What rpm are you trying to shift at? Any wheel spin? I've noticed mine has a hard time going into second if it blows the tires off in 1st.
      I don't think theres any wheel spin, I dumped the clutch at 5k went a 1.68 60' and 2nd was like "fuuuuuuuck you!"

Probably shifting somewhere around 5500

Comment

Working...
      X