94 Chevy 350 with 217K on the clock

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 Chevy 350 with 217K on the clock

It's in a Silverado that I'm thinking of picking up for a once a month trip to the coast to pull the 19' bay boat from the boat barn to a ramp.

The AC controls in the dash are goofy, so I hope i can swap that out of something from the yard to make it work again.

I'll run a compression test before I pull the trigger.

How long will these motors go for?

2wd, 4spd automatic, 3.42 rear end gear, extra cab+reg bed.
    Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

My dad has had several over 300k
    07 f250-family truckster
    08 Denali -baby hauler
    52 f1-rust bucket
    05 Jeep tj. Buggy
    livin the double-wide dream

Comment

I've numerous customers with 250k plus on the tbi's. The transmissions don't take a lot of abuse.

Comment

I had one that the odometer stopped at 300K. Ran great.

Comment

Trucks are bulletproof but dogs at the same time. I would look into gearing up a little if you are going to pull anything. 3:73 at the least. I had one of those trucks that I had 4 different ratios in and I liked 3:90 ' s the best.

Comment

Pretty much as said above. Somewhat reg maintenance and tuneups keeps em going a long time.

Comment

My 94 burb is sportin 274k and runs well. Uses a little oil but surprizingly tight for that many miles. Transmission, that hasn't been as strong.
              Rich

Comment

My old mans accountant had a 90's burb go past 400k on the original drivetrain.
                DE OPPRESSO LIBER

Comment

Its hard to kill those motors. Trans and rear end are common tho.

Comment

Thanks all-
                    Ronald Reagan:"Government's view of the economy could be summed up in a few short phrases: If it moves, tax it. If it keeps moving, regulate it. And if it stops moving, subsidize it."

Homer: "Bart...there's 2 things I know about women. Never give them nicknames like "jumbo" or "boxcar" and always keep receipts...it makes you look like a business man."

Comment

Working...
                    X