Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to have too much fuel injector?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it possible to have too much fuel injector?

My coyote swap setup looks to be maxing the factory 2011 injectors. I found a calculator on line that shows I likely need 39# injectors to get me to 80% duty cycle, however, the 47# injectors are cheaper and I am thinking of cams later to get closer to the 500rwhp mark.

If I used the 47's now, with approximately 450rwhp, would they be too large and have a duty cycle down in the 60's and have a spray pattern problem? I also need to figure out if the controls pack ECU can actually change the injector size but I am sure it can.

Thanks!

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
    My coyote swap setup looks to be maxing the factory 2011 injectors. I found a calculator on line that shows I likely need 39# injectors to get me to 80% duty cycle, however, the 47# injectors are cheaper and I am thinking of cams later to get closer to the 500rwhp mark.

If I used the 47's now, with approximately 450rwhp, would they be too large and have a duty cycle down in the 60's and have a spray pattern problem? I also need to figure out if the controls pack ECU can actually change the injector size but I am sure it can.

Thanks!
    no, because race car
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

The only thing I would think could be affected would be idle and low rpm quality. My understanding is that the newer injectors are much better at this than injectors of past when you start getting into the large sizes. I wouldn't think 47s would give you any issues with what you want.

Comment

You will be fine with 47 or 60. its not that big of a difference. However, if you were to use newer injector like a ID1000 then the idle and low-rpm would be the same as stock

Comment

motor lives mostly above 3000rpm about 99% of the time if not higher.

Biggest issue I am seeing on track is a stumble at part throttle with recent "canned" tune. I'm trying to get it in for a real dyno tune within the next two weeks and I am going to have a set of injectors ready in case I need them. The Canned middle of the road tune from JMS had 30 degrees of timing in it and while it made huge numbers, it won't last long on pump gas. Now that the fuel pump and pick up are fixed, it's time to get the tune solid for many years of hard life on track!

Thanks for the info.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
            no, because race car
            Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
            The only thing I would think could be affected would be idle and low rpm quality. My understanding is that the newer injectors are much better at this than injectors of past when you start getting into the large sizes. I wouldn't think 47s would give you any issues with what you want.
            Originally posted by Matt View Post
            You will be fine with 47 or 60. its not that big of a difference. However, if you were to use newer injector like a ID1000 then the idle and low-rpm would be the same as stock
            same thing, more words.
            "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Working...
            X