window motor fix

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• window motor fix

How difficult is it to replace these damn things. My passenger side is "ok" but driver side is jerky, and would fall a few inches when it gets to its bottom. Soo, its time to fix!

Super easy, takes longer to get the door panel off. 3 bolts and a plug. This on a fox?

Comment

yes sorry, 85 gt.

Comment

Originally posted by JimD View Post
        Super easy, takes longer to get the door panel off. 3 bolts and a plug. This on a fox?

X2
        You'd be surprised how easy it is.
        --carlos

sigpic

Comment

Where is the cheapest priced window regulators at? It stopped working completely today as I pulled into the garage... Bummer!

Comment

It may not need the whole motor/regulator replaced. I replaced the three plastic bushings in my 87's driver window and fixed it. They are in the Help! section at AZ for like $3.

Comment

I bet its more then that... It is unresponsive to the window button.

Comment

I got the kit at LRS, but you should be able to get the motor at autozone. I replaced mine last year, piece of cake.
                Slow moving projects
                1964 C10 350/700r4
                1992 LX 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
                  Give it a good smack with the bottom of your fist above the speaker grill while holding the button.

Comment

Originally posted by Tannerm View Post
                    If that little gear is in there spinning, you may not know it until you take it apart.

Comment

like said those plastic plugs crumble from age all the time on older fords. pull the motor out and pull the cover off of the gear. if they are all chewed up i usally put ball bearings in them casue i have a bunch laying around and they are metal so it gets rid of that problem. you can also buy them in them HELP section at az or o'reily.
                      89 dove grey lx, turbo blowthrough

Comment

Originally posted by Magnimike1 View Post
                        Give it a good smack with the bottom of your fist above the speaker grill while holding the button.
                        Ill give er a punch.

Comment

Originally posted by Vertnut View Post
                          If that little gear is in there spinning, you may not know it until you take it apart.
                          Nah, its quiet. As if its completed wasted.

Comment

Tanner the smack thing works I promise. I've had to do it numerous times when it was mine. It only happens when you roll it all the way down and it only happens occasionally. it's like the motor/regulator gets in a bind. The bushings are probably shot causing it to roll up/down funny

RESIDENT ELECTRICIAN AND WIRING GURU!!!!

Comment

yup, smack the door right by the motor :cool:
                              http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Working...
                              X