No announcement yet.

Best place for Miata parts? Best mods!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best place for Miata parts? Best mods!

One may have followed me home today. I figure some of you SCCA guys would have some good places to buy parts and recommendations for tuners. I might actually put this one on the track. I have been eyeballing the supercharger kits but not sure how practical that would be. Its a completely stock 07 GT hard top.
    Whos your Daddy?

First you have to take your penis and make it an innie instead of an outtie.

Comment

I hope your wife likes to scissor...

Comment

You know, over the last four months, I drove and researched, 2 Vettes, A Viper, BRZ, 370Z, 350Z, a new Mustang, 135i, Z4,and two Miatas. Ultimately I just chose the Miata. The Vettes were a close second and the Mustang ranked pretty high but the rest all have to many issues or maintenance costs for just screwing around. The Mazda is a well proven platform and have tons of aftermarket support.

Man I hope my wife likes to scissor, I am in for watching some of that! Hmmm now I am going to have to go buy me a pink Polo.

Last edited by kingjason; 04-03-2014, 09:51 PM.
        Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Don't mind the inbreds. Can't help with recommendations, but I'm interested to see what you do with it.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowhand View Post
            Don't mind the inbreds. Can't help with recommendations, but I'm interested to see what you do with it.
            who you callin' "inbred" there, dickwhistle?
            http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

I had a NC miata, loved it, much more than my z06 actually
              Wheels tires and coil overs will transform the car and you will be able to take down any mustang at a autox.
              Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

I have no input on this subject.
                "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
                  I have no input on this subject.
                  Weird! Me either!
                  Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                  I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                  Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                  Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                  dont downshift!!
                  Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

I've got a couple of NA's that I've been toying with. I got them dirt cheap, so it's not so painful to dig into them.

I lightened my NA Miata daily-driver and was able to get it up to 35.5mpg. Cooling system had issues and ended up developing a crack in the cylinder head. I wasn't able to find another cylinder head for a reasonable cost. I ended up finding an entire 1993 Miata with a bad auto tranny and good motor. So, I bought the car, and I'm in the middle of swapping the good motor into my daily, and I was left with a Miata roller for a spare. They are both the same color, so there's some potential to swap body parts too.

For the rolling spare, I'm doing a home-brewed conversion to LSx and Glide, and I'm optioning putting on twin turbos too. I just need a bigger sledge hammer for all this
                    Jay Johnson
                    Car hauler for hire

Comment

Originally posted by jayjohnson600 View Post
                      I've got a couple of NA's that I've been toying with. I got them dirt cheap, so it's not so painful to dig into them.

I lightened my NA Miata daily-driver and was able to get it up to 35.5mpg. Cooling system had issues and ended up developing a crack in the cylinder head. I wasn't able to find another cylinder head for a reasonable cost. I ended up finding an entire 1993 Miata with a bad auto tranny and good motor. So, I bought the car, and I'm in the middle of swapping the good motor into my daily, and I was left with a Miata roller for a spare. They are both the same color, so there's some potential to swap body parts too.

For the rolling spare, I'm doing a home-brewed conversion to LSx and Glide, and I'm optioning putting on twin turbos too. I just need a bigger sledge hammer for all this
                      Ive been watching CL for miatas, if you find one reasonable, let me know.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Red 1997 Miata on craigslist listed for $2500. Could use a fender and hood, but it's priced attractively. Seen many go for $3500-$4000 without the body damage.

Sending the Baron a PM.
                        Jay Johnson
                        Car hauler for hire

Comment

Hey Jay.

I have a Miata of my own too. My dilema is do I spend money supercharging my '13GT or do I start my V8 conversion on the Miata?

Since I'm tempted to get rid of the Mustang since I have a new kid again and get a 4 door, the V8 project may win out.

I picked mine up for $1200 and it runs great, but it needs lots of body and paint work. It will be getting that this fall most likely. If you guys have never driven a Miata hard at an autoX or on a roadcourse, you don't know what you are missing. The other nice thing is they are easy to work on, fun to mod, and tough as nails.

No matter what you do though, they are always slow in a straight line. They are silly slow stock. Modded with turbos or superchargers, they are still slow..... and then once you go to a V8 the chassis is way overpowered.

Best places for Miata parts: Moss, GoodwinRacing, and FlyinMiata. I've dealt with all 3 over the years and had good luck with them. I'm going to start doing business with Monster Miata pretty soon too.

Comment

You must have a rainbow fanny pack.
                            Two in the pink and one in the stink

Comment

Poor Miatas always getting shit for being gay. Them things handle like slot cars and fun to drive. Pick up a Grassroot Motorsports magazine. Should be lot of advertisers and cool tech info.in there. I wouldn't mind one for my 2.4 SRT4 RWD conversion car.

Comment

Working...
                              X