No announcement yet.

2011+ Coyote stock injectors max rwhp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2011+ Coyote stock injectors max rwhp?

So I got my swap car dyno'd this weekend on a mobile Dynojet 224 that VMP tuning had the race track this weekend. Suffice to say, the numbers were WAY higher than I expected and I am chasing a fuel issue still. I think the stock 2011 injectors are maxed out as it is hesitating while transitioning to full throttle. What are the factory injectors rated at and at what pressure? under throttle I am seeing about 60-62# of fuel pressure.

Car made 457/399 which with driveline losses translates to somewhere between 519-537 hp at the crank. It does have a lot of timing in it but I am going to run a mix of race gas to solve any potential problems.

Seems the nickname of snowball is correct for this car. I fix one problem and create 3 more! LOL!

The numbers surprised me a LOT given I am running hydro boost on the accessory drive but I guess my light weight driveline and wheels help negate that. Still pretty crazy numbers out of a swap car....still not believing it.

that's impressive. What mods on the engine?
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

That is impressive. Mine only put down 424hp on a dyno dynamic.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
        that's impressive. What mods on the engine?
        box stock long block take out from a 2011 GT. Had 7500 miles on it. BBK swap headers and boss 302 intake with a Home depot special 4" pvc intake tube.

I really think the high numbers come from the really light flywheel, clutch and drive line, but I figured that would be cancelled by the addition of the hydro boost. The tuner from VMP was floored when he saw the numbers. First pull was 444 and that made his eyes big. Second pull was 457 and he was shit, it pulled another 13. He did say it was a really aggressive tune with the 30 degrees of timing....but I need to look into that because there is still a "max power" tune on the tuner. The guy from VMP was saying that this "middle of the road" tune was aggressive and to not try the max power tune. He is going to email the data log and I will send it to JMS for some tweaks and see if we can keep it safe. In the mean time, I will just run some 100 octane to keep it from going boom!

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
          What are the factory injectors rated at and at what pressure? under throttle I am seeing about 60-62# of fuel pressure.
          The stock are rated at 32.8 lb/hr @ 55 PSI of fuel pressure.

Hope this helps.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie97 View Post
            The guy from VMP was saying that this "middle of the road" tune was aggressive and to not try the max power tune. He is going to email the data log and I will send it to JMS for some tweaks and see if we can keep it safe. In the mean time, I will just run some 100 octane to keep it from going boom!
            When Travis tuned mine he didn't touch base spark at all. We made 420whp with stock manifolds/cats and A/F ratio was below 12. The cars that pop seem to have tunes that move the spark up, so I agree with the VMP guy.
            Originally posted by PGreenCobra
            I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
            Originally posted by Trip McNeely
            Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
            dont downshift!!
            Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

Well, it looks like I need to get the car up north to get a real tune on it so it doesn't go boom. I like the 457 number but not if it costs me a motor. I think I am also going to find some 39# injectors, maybe 03-04 cobra take outs and throw those in for more safety margin.

Thanks for the input as I was having a heck of a time finding the stock injector ratings.

Comment

Working...
              X