Code Reader

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Code Reader

Who sells a cheap code reader that I can use on my 1990 GT?

They usually carry them in the store

Comment

Checking codes is perhaps the most important step in diagnosing problems with your 5.0. It is free, easy, and effective. Materials Needed -a paperclip or a piece of wire approximately 3-10 inches -pen and paper *To get accurate results it is important that the car is fully warmed up Step One -Find the self-test connectors.

This one is free.

Comment

Do the stomp test, its obd1. You should be able to trigger the ecu to go into a dtc display mode. You won't need to buy anything and the check engine light will flash in 4 sequences telling you the specific code. Like above^
        Ded

Comment

$30 at oreillys I looked several times but I guess I can't read. Anyways I got these codes:
          Koeo:

302 .40 over, n41, gt40 heads, #24, pro-m cal'd for 'em, reman ecu, optima red top, brand new alternator, brand new fuckin everything.

Runs good, idles well, drive it 2 miles it starts missing. Pull the neg battery cable for 20-30 mins runs good again until I go a couple miles then it starts all over.

Comment

(67) Park/Neutral circuit fault
            Transmission Manual Lever Position (MLP) sensor circuit
            (M) Intermittent Park Neutral Position (PNP) sensor fault

(81) Boost control solenoid
            AIRD solenoid
            3.0L SHO - Inlet Air Solenoid

(82) 2.3L TC - Fan Control wire shorted to ground
            AIRB solenoid
            3.8L SC - Super Charger Bypass Solenoid

(85) 2.3L T/C Automatic - 3/4-4/3 Shift solenoid
            CANP solenoid (ALL 1989)
            (M) 1.9L MFI - System has corrected rich condition

(84) EGR Vacuum Regulator
            EGR cutoff solenoid
            EGR Vent solenoid

Those are some weird codes, is that Remanufactured eec-iv from the right car?

Comment

A3M ECU from NAPA. I had a X3Z or whatever the 93 Cobra ECU in it before changed it out with a 'factory' computer for my car - the reman ECU and a pro-m cal'd for the 24 #'ers hoping it would solve the problem. Since I had the same problem after the swap I bought the code reader. So, I'm kind of lost now. I obviously have the book that came with the reader and the description for the codes didn't make sense to me either.

I have 12v from o2 housing to the battery, 12v from engine to battery, cleaned the ecu ground. Took off the o2 harness and completely checked every wire. CEL came on once for about 5 seconds. I'm lost... Does anyone have a known good ECU that I could borrow?

Comment

How critical is the MAF positioning and air filter setup? Anyone seen problems like mine with relation cold air setups?

Comment

Something definitely sounds wrong with the computer. I'd get a known good one and swap them and see how that effects the problem.

Comment

I've got a A9L and a A9M sitting here in the shop that I bought as part of a package deal with all the wiring harnesses to convert some speed density cars. Guy I bought them from said they were good, you're more than welcome to try them out.

Comment

Hell yeah. I'll PM you my phone number. Thank you.

Comment

Working...
                      X