2007 Mustang INERTIA FUEL SHUT OFF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2007 Mustang INERTIA FUEL SHUT OFF

Anybody ever have one of these get funky? My son's 2007 V6 Mustang is driving me nuts. After hours of trouble shooting and replacing the fuel pump with a used one I I thought of the shut off switch. Pushed the button, started right up the crapped out about ten miles later. Trying to limp this thing home by re-setting the switch. Starts stuttering then quits and will not start.

Wayne in FW

Jumper the switch or hard wire it in?

Comment

I've never seen an inertia switch go bad where it trips itself without a very solid hit like a big pothole, something in the road, accident, etc, but like Mystic said bypass it. Just unplug the switch and put a piece of jumper wire in the connector. I would recommend from now on checking for voltage at the fuel pump before just replacing one because you think it's bad.

Comment

I had voltage at the pump (voltage light) and that's the reason I replaced the pump since I had one on the shelf. If I was understanding the 4 points on the pump connector I had no ground and that when I thought of the inertia switch. I will pull the switch tomorrow and by pass for a test. There is also a fuel pump driver module that could be acting up. This Mustang was wrecked once front an rear.

Wayne in FW

Comment

Finally figured this out. fuel Pump Control Module. Threw no codes, worked intermittently, had power to pump. Runs great now.

Wayne in FW

Comment

Working...
          X