No announcement yet.

Chassis guys, need advice.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What brand Brooks, I can get a hell of a deal on the UPR unit (I can actually get the full length subframe connectors and the ARB shipped to me for less then the price of the single ARB from Wolfe...).

I am sure I am sound like a broke d, but as this project goes on things keep getting added to the list and I have yet to really even touch the motor.

Comment

Originally posted by dville_gt View Post
      What brand Brooks, I can get a hell of a deal on the UPR unit (I can actually get the full length subframe connectors and the ARB shipped to me for less then the price of the single ARB from Wolfe...).

I am sure I am sound like a broke d, but as this project goes on things keep getting added to the list and I have yet to really even touch the motor.
      UPR is cheap Chinese knockoff shit. A lot of their products look identical to designs from other companies but I would question the quality of the materials and workmanship. I wouldn't skimp on the chassis or suspension.
      Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
      Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Ok to get the subs from UPR, but I'd get the ARB from Wolfe.
        sigpic

Comment

The one I speak of was Wolfe, it was a double.

Comment

i just installed latemodels subframes in my coupe. i made up some tabs to weld the driveshaft loop to the subframe connectors to make a big "h". this has totally changed my car. i know im not making any insane hp but the difference is very noticable. just as a note i had a tubular subframe connector laying around (dunno what brand) and lrs's were approx 7" longer
            1972 F100
            428 CJ
            C6

"What ever is the hardest, takes the longest, and makes me the maddest...thats what i want to do."

Comment

Originally posted by juicedgt View Post
              i just installed latemodels subframes in my coupe. i made up some tabs to weld the driveshaft loop to the subframe connectors to make a big "h". this has totally changed my car. i know im not making any insane hp but the difference is very noticable. just as a note i had a tubular subframe connector laying around (dunno what brand) and lrs's were approx 7" longer
              They do stiffen up a fox quite a bit!
              sigpic

Comment

yes they do it would have been my first mod had the motor not let go! i also installed the frp adj. ride height lower control arms at the same time. now i wish i had done the uppers to. oh well
                1972 F100
                428 CJ
                C6

"What ever is the hardest, takes the longest, and makes me the maddest...thats what i want to do."

Comment

Baseline Suspensions has a nice ARB and fairly cheap on price.

Do full length subframes for sure. My current coupe has a full cage, but only the short subframe connectors. I wish it had the full lengths on it, but at this point I don't want to add the weight.
                  Carl S.
                  2014 Ruby Red Premium GT A6, stock for now
                  80 Coupe, Stroked 9.2" Windsor, Yates C3, Dominator, glide, 9.60s n/a, 1.27 sixty 5.48@127.8 nitrous on radials.
                  9.32@128 pedaling it half track
                  sigpic

Comment

Okay, I can get the Maximum Motorsports and the UPR full length subframes for the same price. Which would you guys recommend?

Comment

Okay, I can get the Maximum Motorsports and the UPR full length subframes for the same price. Which would you guys recommend?
                      MM over UPR any day.
                      Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                      Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Working...
                      X