Quality torque wrench

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quality torque wrench

I find myself in need of a QUALITY 1/2 drive click style torque wrench.
    Does anyone in the FtW area have a hookup (or can get a discount) with the Snap-On guy?
    Post here or PM.
    Thanks.

Discount and snap on usually don't go together.
    "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

Buy a CDI torque wrench. CDI makes Snap-On's torque wrenches (or Snap-On owns CDI... either way) and can be had for a lot less than paying for the Snap-On branded ones.

Online source: http://www.toolsdelivered.com/CDI-15...table-Wrenches

I have purchased from Tools Delivered several times, both from their website and their ebay account and have never had a problem.

If you're looking for a local dealer you might want to look into Calibration Specialty Inc in Irving:

I have only used Calibration Specialty once to calibrate my torque wrenches.

Comment

I second CDI
        Ford
        GM
        Toyota
        VAG

Comment

Originally posted by Mike K View Post
          Buy a CDI torque wrench. CDI makes Snap-On's torque wrenches (or Snap-On owns CDI... either way) and can be had for a lot less than paying for the Snap-On branded ones.

Online source: http://www.toolsdelivered.com/CDI-15...table-Wrenches

I have purchased from Tools Delivered several times, both from their website and their ebay account and have never had a problem.

If you're looking for a local dealer you might want to look into Calibration Specialty Inc in Irving:

I have only used Calibration Specialty once to calibrate my torque wrenches.
          Thank you for the helpful information.

Comment

If you weren't so picky you could have used mine. But thanks for the lunch, anyway.
            sigpic
            Old Fords Rule

Comment

Originally posted by Butch View Post
              If you weren't so picky you could have used mine. But thanks for the lunch, anyway.
              Smartass....

Comment

Comment

I can dig up the CAT part # for their 1/2" torque wrench and get you a price tomorrow. It's a re-branded snap-on and usually about half of snap on's price.
                  Last edited by Mysticcobrakilla; 03-09-2014, 01:00 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by scootro View Post
                    The only problem is keeping an eye on the values while pulling on a head stud with the engine in the car. Otherwise, I would have one.

Comment

Originally posted by Mysticcobrakilla View Post
                      I can dig up the CAT part # for their 1/2" torque wrench and get you a price tomorrow. It's a re-branded snap-on and usually about half of snap on's price.
                      PM sent.

Comment

Only accept the best, Pittsburgh or bust
                        Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                          Lol. You would be surprised on how good that "junk" is. Their sockets are some of the strongest I've ever used

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                            Lol, I actually used a chicago electric hammer drill to bolt down my safe this weekend. Harbor freight is great for stuff you only plan to use a couple time.

They do have a few items that are just down right good, I buy the 2000/4000 power inverters for our work trucks there, they get used everyday and last a couple years at least.

Comment

The Harbor Freight digital torque thingy is very accurate, I compared it to my $1200 CDI digital wrench and it was within 1%, I have several wrenches and I use my beam wrenches to check the calibration on everything.
                              Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Working...
                              X