Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Are the motor mounts ok?

Comment

Yeah. They look to be in good condition. The rubber on the sway bar looks a little dried up but it doesn't look too bad. I feels like something is loose but like I've said before, it goes away when I lay off the gas when I'm driving. I tried to listen for exhaust leaks while giving it gas by hand but it kept dying before I could make it to the front of the car to check. Something new! Great!
      .....bro....

Comment

Is this bad bro? Could this be the cause of my flapping/knocking sound? A plastic flat ring piece chipped off when i poked at it....
        FRONT PASS SIDE CONTROL ARM
        (back side)

front side
        .....bro....

Comment

Nope. Nothing wrong at all.

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
            Cool. I don't have a cig though. Hey, is wd40 good to use to help find vacuum leaks? I thought I used it before and there has to be a leak here somewhere but I done sprayed this sumbitch down and haven't found shit.....
            Use carb cleaner/brake clean to find vacuum leaks, you also need ball joints, bro.
            '93 Cobra-Coyote Powered
            '13 Dodge Cummins
            '14 Rubicon X

Comment

By the look of those struts and lower ball joint i would go througb the whole front suspension.

Comment

10-4. I taped down some plastics that were hanging loosely from under the car. Its ok though because I used duct tape. Its not flapping as much as its knocking now. Sounds like someone is knocking on the firewall, trying to get it in.
                .....bro....

Comment

Originally posted by A+ View Post
                  10-4. I taped down some plastics that were hanging loosely from under the car. Its ok though because I used duct tape. Its not flapping as much as its knocking now. Sounds like someone is knocking on the firewall, trying to get it in.
                  Its a suspension technician
                  sigpic

Comment

But wouldn't the noise be constant,as long as the car is in motion? Sometimes it sounds like its by the shifter so I was thinking u joints. Idk.
                    .....bro....

Comment

Working...
                    X