Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Quick!! How much for a 100K service on an '09 Camry?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick!! How much for a 100K service on an '09 Camry?

4 cylinder with auto

Change oil & filter, flush cooling system, change ATF in transmission.

Anything else nec @ 100K?

mardyn

Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

Ford
      GM
      Toyota
      VAG

Comment

We really recommend you flush your brake fluid. New brake fluid looks like this and yours looks like this.

Comment

100k service = time for a new timing belt (and water pump too if you're extra careful). Timing belt service is around $600 I believe, maybe less.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Pencil View Post
            100k service = time for a new timing belt (and water pump too if you're extra careful). Timing belt service is around $600 I believe, maybe less.

Doesn't have a timing belt.

Comment

it's an 2009 model, no belt on this one, it's a chain.

mardyn

Comment

this is what i use as a starting point but most of the time most people refuse to do any previous preventative service recommendation. so we pretty much do a complete walk through and let people know what we find.
                So if you havent done any of the previous p.m. services check the
                steering components
                drive belts
                radiator hoses
                suspension as well

my .02

Comment

lol I hope that chart is wrong because I paid for a timing belt on my wife's '05 avalon at vandergriff toyota.
                  "When the people find that they can vote themselves money, that will herald the end of the republic." -Benjamin Franklin
                  "A democracy will continue to exist up until the time that voters discover that they can vote themselves generous gifts from the public treasury." -Alexander Fraser Tytler

Comment

Originally posted by CJ View Post
                    lol I hope that chart is wrong because I paid for a timing belt on my wife's '05 avalon at vandergriff toyota.
                    Maybe it was one of those mid-year changes. Hopefully, for your sake anyways.

Comment

Toyota dealer is quoting us 450.00 to change the ATF & flush the cooling system on the daughter's Camry...

I'm all for getting it serviced, but that seemed a bit high to me, I'd figure it should be about 125.00 for the trans service and maybe another 100.00 or so on the coolant system flush.

Am I stuck in the past on my pricing?

mardyn

Comment

Take it to Dealer Alternative/Lexutech. Great place for any work on Honda, Acura, Toyota and Lexus.

Comment

Originally posted by mardyn View Post
                          Toyota dealer is quoting us 450.00 to change the ATF & flush the cooling system on the daughter's Camry...

I'm all for getting it serviced, but that seemed a bit high to me, I'd figure it should be about 125.00 for the trans service and maybe another 100.00 or so on the coolant system flush.

Am I stuck in the past on my pricing?

mardyn
                          They may be using a BG trans flush machine. Little different than dropping the pan and getting a couple quarts out. It replaces all fluid in trans including converter. Does sound high though even with coolant flush. Does it leak oil by any chance? Block thread repair time
                          Last edited by orphan Shelby; 03-07-2014, 08:09 PM.

Comment

Working...
                          X