Cylinder Head Suggestion...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 00KBGT View Post
    How much boost can he run with HCI/Blower on stock bottom end?
    Once the HCI is done, I'm going to dyno, then pulley up to ~450rwhp and be done. I'm guessing I'll only need ~7-9 psi? 12 tops.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
      He will know the limit when the block cracks.
      Dont say that!!! lol

Comment

The next questions are what fuel pump are you running and what injectors and regulator.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
          The next questions are what fuel pump are you running and what injectors and regulator.
          255 in the tank, 42# injectors, and an adjustable regulator, but I don't remember the brand.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Comment

You prob end up having 3000-4000 in it when said and done if not more. I would recamend head studs, fuel system, btm, tune.

Comment

Originally posted by FOKAI View Post
              You prob end up having 3000-4000 in it when said and done if not more. I would recamend head studs, fuel system, btm, tune.
              What else needs to be done on the fuel system? Tune is a given... And isn't timing for boost set in the tuning through the sct chip?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Comment

Youll be at the limit for your fuel pump or close to it. Call the shop who will be tuning it at see what they have to say. That is what sucks. You are on the limit of stock stuff. You can get by with stock fuel rails, But if you can afford it do it right and do a new fuel system.

A set of fel pro 933pt1's some rockers, pushrods, fluids, studs, cam(if you dont already have something already.

It will nickle and dime you a little. Thats why if you cant afford it all buy the big ticket items and get the rest when you can. I know we all cant shit out 1000.00 bills all the time, but a 100 here and a 100 there isnt bad.

You'll start looking at trans, and rear end next esp if you are still running c clip axles and drums. It doesnt help the shit is like 20 plus years old.

Comment

Originally posted by danielhv View Post
                  E303 with matching springs.
                  The e cam will be fine. I have edelbrock heads, edelbrock performer intake, an ecam, long tubes and a paxton novi 2000. It put 505 to the tires and still has some left over but I don't want to break my block yet.

Comment

A couple years back I bought the tfs top end kit from lrs for my '90. They were good to let me swap a few things around like the cam and intake
                    I think the cam was an even swap and I paid the difference between the track heat intake to go to the R intake.
                    I found it to be alot easier to buy the kit and be done than to have to piece my top end together. The tfs 170 heads are also very good heads even better if you have some work done to them.
                    1990 GT

Comment

Working...
                    X