Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

63 f100... Wheel options and other specific year questions...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 63 f100... Wheel options and other specific year questions...

Just bought a 63 swb unibody and was hoping someone here knows a bit about these trucks... I'll try to keep all the questions in here to avoid multiple threads.

First off is wheel options, being that it is 5x5.5 lug pattern I can't find anything for wheels. Every search I do just brings up those shit xd or moto metal type wheels for lifted trucks. Are wheel adapter spacer a legitimate option or are they trash? Or possibly convert it?

The body is virtually rust free and I want to keep it that way. What product has anyone used to coat or paint the undercarriage?

More questions to come but I'll keep it small right now.
    Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

I'm no expert by any means, but the popular thing is to do the crown vic / panther front suspension swap that gets you better steering, brakes and a 5x4.5 lug pattern. I dont remember what they were using for rears, I think the axle out of the same car.
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

Stock steel with cap and WW.
      07 GT500
      05 SRT10
      88 turbocoupe T-bird
      93 Cobra
      86 coupe
      Ducati 848

Comment

I have a complete rear end from an Explorer..
        Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
        90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

I don't have any input other than the unibody trucks are nice rides. Congrats
          Originally posted by soap
          i can fix anything from a broken tractor to an aching pussy!!!

Comment

who had those dope ass chromes on that falcon?

god bless.
            It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

Originally posted by Baron Von Crowder View Post
              I'm no expert by any means, but the popular thing is to do the crown vic / panther front suspension swap that gets you better steering, brakes and a 5x4.5 lug pattern. I dont remember what they were using for rears, I think the axle out of the same car.
              I'll look into that swap. Thanks

Originally posted by mk5.0 View Post
              Stock steel with cap and WW.
              I don't care for that look as much as others do, I want this trucks build style something similar to Rreemos c10.

Originally posted by BlueCoupeRedVert View Post
              I have a complete rear end from an Explorer..
              I'd rather swap axles in the 9" than put an 8.8. But I have a spare 8.8 if I do go that route.
              Originally posted by ktm300hater View Post
              I don't have any input other than the unibody trucks are nice rides. Congrats
              Thanks man, can't wait to start messing with this thing.

Comment

That is a 9", but check with a good wrecking yard with a Hollanders book. I think the truck may have had different splines in the axles. If I remember there were 2 or 3 choices. I put a Posi out of a 66 Fairlaine GT in a 65 truck rear end, and I got lucky that the axles were splined the same. That way I had the same bolt pattern on front and back. This was in a 1947 Ford pick up with the stock lockheed brakes on the front. I ran some 15" steel wheels with small ford caps and beauty rings.

Comment

Cragar still makes 5 on 5.5 wheels, if you're into the S/S old school look. I believe most of the Centerline catalog can be had as well.

Comment

Originally posted by SonicblueGT03 View Post
                    Cragar still makes 5 on 5.5 wheels, if you're into the S/S old school look. I believe most of the Centerline catalog can be had as well.
                    I forgot all about centerlines.

Comment

I did a pro street suspension and had Chevy bolt pattern. The people that bought it live in west Fort Worth. I will try to get some pics.
                      2009 Mustang GT
                      1972 Country Squire

Comment

Check out adaptech spacers/adapters, they are legit.
                        Ded

Comment

Originally posted by slowbrick2 View Post
                          I did a pro street suspension and had Chevy bolt pattern. The people that bought it live in west Fort Worth. I will try to get some pics.
                          I'm not going that route, but I would love to see some pics anyway. The rear as a flip kit right now and is c-notched. I'll probably leave that as is for now. I do want to do an independent front suspension, just need to find out which way I want to go with it.

Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
                          Check out adaptech spacers/adapters, they are legit.
                          I didn't know if they were trash or not, it would be the easiest for now and let me get motor and interior done while still providing a ton of wheel options.

Comment

Not trash, people run them safely on their race cars, adaptech only does the hubcentric kind.
                            Ded

Comment

Originally posted by VaderTT View Post
                              Not trash, people run them safely on their race cars, adaptech only does the hubcentric kind.
                              Looks like they don't make the ones I need.

Comment

Working...
                              X