Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Mazdaspeed3 broke...transmission issue?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Mazdaspeed3 broke...transmission issue?

I was coming home last night in my 2008 Mazdaspeed3, and on my way up 121 I was going 70, downshifted to pass someone, and something probably very bad happened. I engaged the clutch, shifted from 5th to 6th, rev-matched, and let off the clutch. I heard a pop, and then it stuttered real hard under power.

I took the day off work today, and gingerly drove it to the stealership this morning with no issue. I didn't have an appointment, so I decided to sit there and wait, and they came out FOUR HOURS LATER and told me they wouldn't have time to get to it.

I've decided the Mazda dealerships in North Texas are shit (not to mention I'm in Frisco and the closest two are in Denton and McKinney), and need recommendations on a place near Frisco to take it to get it looked at, diagnosed, and fixed. Hopefully a place that isn't going to rape me on prices, etc.

Anyone know of a place?

Didn't those things like to break the motor mounts?

Comment

Where did you take it?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
      2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
        Yes. It probably does need new motor mounts. I'm hoping that I'm gonna get lucky and that's all it is.

Comment

Originally posted by jw33 View Post
          yep

Comment

I have a buddy who is a certified Mazda guy and does side jobs, but he is in euless. Lmk if you'd like contact info

Comment

I rarely work on FWD manuals but I did recently do a ZX2 Ford trans which is also used in Mazda models as well. It broke the interlocking mechanism on the 3-4 shift fork and got stuck in 3rd gear. If your car isn't having any issues up shifting or down shifting at the moment, chances are there is nothing wrong with the unit itself. As said above, it could be a busted mount putting the shift cable into a bind.

Comment

...or a broken differential.
                Originally posted by PGreenCobra
                I can't get over the fact that you get to go live the rest of your life, knowing that someone made a Halloween costume out of you. LMAO!!
                Originally posted by Trip McNeely
                Originally posted by dsrtuckteezy
                dont downshift!!
                Go do a whooly in front of a Peterbilt.

Comment

If it's motor mounts, holler at AGP. They build nice shit.

EDIT: Never mind! They quit making those shits!
                  ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

I let in and finally took it back to the dealer last night on my way home from work and dropped it off. I read some REALLY scary shit about something the Mazdaspeed enthusiasts call "Zoom Zoom BOOM." Apparently Bent rods are not uncommon in the MZR engines, and a lot of people started feeling a pulse in the clutch pedal just before they went boom. I'm hoping right now it's either just the clutch/flywheel/pressure plate or a motor mount, but it could end up being a bent rod or ruined main bearing. Either way I'm about to spend some money

Comment

Damn... you were just talking about getting out of it too
                      http://www.truthcontest.com/entries/...iversal-truth/

Comment

Originally posted by Cooter View Post
                        Damn... you were just talking about getting out of it too
                        I know. And it was exactly for reasons like this. Guess I'll keep it now. No sense in replacing whatever broke and immediately offloading it. Guess I know what my tax return is going towards now...

Comment

So...the dealership just called me. They said that 1st, 2nd, and 3rd gear synchros need to be replaced. They want $3646.58 out the door to fix it. What...the...fuck...

I honestly have no idea what to do. I can't afford that...I was counting on it being a maximum of about $2k. Fuck.

Comment

replace the whole transmission?

Comment

That's what I'm starting to think. I see used, "good condition" Mazdaspeed3 transmissions all over ebay and such for less than $900.

My question is, and bear in mind I am mechanically inclined but have no idea how a transmission does its voodoo magic, how the fuck would down-shifting from 6th to 5th cause a vibrating/pulsing in the clutch pedal and why would that make them think that it would be caused by 1-3 synchros going out?

Comment

Working...
                              X