Holley fuel pump any good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holley fuel pump any good?

I've always used a blue pump, but I may need more, only around 500 hp, and will use a small 175 shot on it. Looking at these http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hly-12-150/overview/
    Any opinions?
    sigpic

Best bet is a small separate fuel system for the nitrous system.
    Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

This car is bracket raced, and hasn't seen any nitrous in 4 years, that is just a thought for later. If I was using a big system, I would have it separate. I just didn't know how much pump I need on motor.
      sigpic

Comment

I ran one of those hp pumps on my old chevy II, I bet it would keep up just fine but if you really want to use just a single pump then I would probably spend a couple bucks more and get one of holleys twin pump dominator fuel pumps.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Comment

I ran a single blue on my 69 camaro,
          406 SB and a cheater plate and never had a issue.
          This was before the days of big pumps though.

To be safe though I would put a small cell up front with a blue just for the juice.

Comment

20 years ago I had an 850dp on it and hit it with a 225 shot and never hurt anything. I just want to be safe if I squirt it again. Plus I need to get rid of the factory line, I bought the aluminum line, just too lazy to put it on.
            sigpic

Comment

A separate pump is good for the nitrous until that pump quits and you don't know it. Ate every plug and ring but the pistons lived through it. Went lean quick!!
              Not a black vette.......a silver one

Comment

that's why they make a hobs switch

Comment

Originally posted by Rustang View Post
                  I've always used a blue pump, but I may need more, only around 500 hp, and will use a small 175 shot on it. Looking at these http://www.summitracing.com/parts/hly-12-150/overview/
                  Any opinions?
                  holley says their good for 900 on a carbed application. so should be more than enough to run n/a

Comment

Working...
                  X