Lowering SN95- best way to do it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wildone View Post

It would look nice with a 2.5 drop.....and thats getting rid of most the fender gap but not all of it.
    and big speed bumps and curbed driveways will be oh so fun with a 2.5" drop, especially if you have lt's.

Comment

Id just stay away from them, lol.... on the front this thing has like 3.5 inchs of wheel gap, and about the same in the rear.....might as well be Jeep then a mustang, lol

Comment

im happy with my setup.

sportline springs. "no iso's" tokico shocks/struts. upr cc.plates. MM.bump steer kit.
        sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
        🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
          im happy with my setup.

sportline springs. "no iso's" tokico shocks/struts. upr cc.plates. MM.bump steer kit.
          That sounds good....does it ride hard on the highway.....90% of my daily drivin is highway.

Comment

The key to good ride quality is not just in the springs; it's in matching the right dampers with the springs as well. For most drop springs that are only moderately stiffer than stock, Bilsteins will give you best ride. They're not cheap but they are great quality and perform well.
            Personally I wouldn't bother with a bumpsteer kit if you're just trying to keep it simple and not worried about maximum performance. First of all, to confirm whether you actually have a bumpsteer problem you have to measure the bumpsteer. Secondly, most shops don't even know how to properly set up a car with a bumpsteer kit so it may or may not help. If your tie rods are at a much different angle than your control arms, then you could use offset rack bushings to help without the expense or complication of a bumpsteer kit. There is a lot involved with bumpsteer but a good rule of thumb is that if your tie rods are roughly parallel to your control arms then it should be fairly minimal.
            As far as aftermarket springs, I only have experience with H&R and was please with them. Aside from that, I run MM coilovers on my '00. Coilovers inherently ride better than conventional springs given equal wheel rates but they do cost a lot more.
            Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
            Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
              The key to good ride quality is not just in the springs; it's in matching the right dampers with the springs as well. For most drop springs that are only moderately stiffer than stock, Bilsteins will give you best ride. They're not cheap but they are great quality and perform well.
              Personally I wouldn't bother with a bumpsteer kit if you're just trying to keep it simple and not worried about maximum performance. First of all, to confirm whether you actually have a bumpsteer problem you have to measure the bumpsteer. Secondly, most shops don't even know how to properly set up a car with a bumpsteer kit so it may or may not help. If your tie rods are at a much different angle than your control arms, then you could use offset rack bushings to help without the expense or complication of a bumpsteer kit. There is a lot involved with bumpsteer but a good rule of thumb is that if your tie rods are roughly parallel to your control arms then it should be fairly minimal.
              As far as aftermarket springs, I only have experience with H&R and was please with them. Aside from that, I run MM coilovers on my '00. Coilovers inherently ride better than conventional springs given equal wheel rates but they do cost a lot more.
              All good points.. I forgot to mention that I had the offset steering rack bushings as well. I was doing autocross at the time and loved the handling.

Comment

Koni yellows single adjustable/ H&R race springs. Done

Comment

Originally posted by soap View Post
                  im happy with my setup.

honestly, even though i have low pro 35' series tires. rides just little stiffer then
                  stock, like someone has already said. it's all about shocks & struts.
                  sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                  🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

I would only drop it 1.5. I've saw a lot of Sn's that look pretty rough underneath b/c of going to low.

Comment

Working...
                    X