Lowering SN95- best way to do it.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lowering SN95- best way to do it.

Lowering a 96 mustang. Want about a 2 inch drop....what combos would be good for daily driving that wont ride like total ass.

i was thinkin

eibach sportlines....almost a 2 inch drop (may have to trim 1/4 or 1/2 coil)
    KYB shocks all the way around
    caster caber plates

what ya think..

If cash is not a big issue or you look for a good deal, I'd go coil overs. Get a kit with 12" springs that works with the shocks and struts you want to use and you can dial in the drop you want by just turning the collars till it sits the way you want it without any cutting or guess work on spacers, dampers, etc.

This may help: http://www.maximummotorsports.com/st...e=faq_coilover

-Jonny
    2012 Silver Mustang GT 5.0:stock.
    '00 Performance Red Mustang GT 4v turbo 6-speed 540rwhp/572rwtq (SOLD)
    '07 Honda CB919 (SOLD)

Comment

well not wanting to spend a whole bunch of money on it.....just a daily im trying to make look decent and right now its too 4x4 lookin. Just seeing what tricks everyones using to lower these things down but still ride good.

Comment

I have run the Ford Racing C series springs on 2 sn95's and had good luck with them and the price is hard to beat .

Comment

Originally posted by wildone View Post
          Lowering a 96 mustang. Want about a 2 inch drop....what combos would be good for daily driving that wont ride like total ass.

i was thinkin

eibach sportlines....almost a 2 inch drop (may have to trim 1/4 or 1/2 coil)
          KYB shocks all the way around
          caster caber plates

what ya think..
          You need to add a bump-steer kit to that list. It will ride pretty rough, and you are going to leave some metal on speed bumps, but it will look damn good and handle well. If you want a little better ride consider the Pro Kit VS the Sportlines.

Comment

1.5" will be better. youll tear the exhaust off etc if you drop it too low.

Comment

I had the sportlines on my 98 cobra and it rode like shit, it sure did look good though, and handled pretty decent for a mustang.
              Originally posted by Nash B.
              Damn, man. Sorry to hear that. If it'll cheer you up, Geor swallows. And even if it doesn't cheer you up, it cheers him up.

Comment

ive got the FMS c springs on my vert and i want it lower. im gonna go back with the eibach. pro kit or sportline as its not a daily.

god bless.
                It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men -Frederick Douglass

Comment

I had my 97 dropped almost 2 inches. When going over transitions like bridges and such it was horrible. It would bottom the shocks and struts out pretty easy at that drop. The Pro-kit rides nice and gives a nice stance. My 98 has steeda springs on it, not quiet as low as a pro-kit but it's the best of both worlds. It sits pretty nice and the ride is great. With the steeda springs, sway bars, and upper and lower control arms that were on the car it makes for awesome handling too. Through in some 14" brakes front and rear and some braided lines and it'll stop also.

Comment

Comment

Maximum motorsport bilstein coilover kit. Done.

Comment

anyone have H&R springs before.....had them on my civic awhile back and it rode pretty good.....i do alot of highway driving....just dodgin those highway pot holes.

Comment

i put on frpp b springs in my garage. decent drop and i don't smash anything going over speedbumps. main thing is it maintained almost stock ride quality. no bump steer kit and retained stock c/c plates. got it aligned and it's good to go. now when i removed front sway bar for the track the steering is sloppy.

front drop - 1 1/4"
                          rear drop - 3/4"

Comment

using the 1.5" drop BBK springs on mine and no issues with bump steer.
                            95 Rio Red Cobra#3881

http://www.bborr.com/2013/2013results.html#115

Comment

ive looked at this car alot....its really sits like a 4x4....im guesing since its a V6 it just sits higher then my old gt use to in stock form.

It would look nice with a 2.5 drop.....and thats getting rid of most the fender gap but not all of it.

Comment

Working...
                              X