Mustang falls on its face in higher RPM's

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mustang falls on its face in higher RPM's

Bought a mustang yesterday that is for the most part bone stock. It has some crazy aeromotive looking fuel pump and filter with really nice braided line going to the front with a braided return line as well. The EGR vacuum isn't hooked up but I will hook it up this weekend. I haven't checked the fuel pressure yet but I think that is the culprit. At idle the car will rev past but when you put a load on it and accelerate hard on it 3500 it just falls dead on its face. What do you think?
    Thanks in advance GOD bless

What yr model we talking about?
    1997 viper gts
    1986 turbo mustang
    1987 Buick grand national
    1972 nova

Comment

I plan on putting a stock pump back in and stock lines on the car...

Comment

Comment

Hows the Grand National?

Comment

Yeah I would start with fuel pressure. Its doing good had to get some wiring gremlins figured out and bought all kinds of tune up stuff for it. Module etc... Getting ready to sand it down and give it a nice paint job then probly sell it. Cool car but just isnt for me lol
            1997 viper gts
            1986 turbo mustang
            1972 nova

Comment

I told you that... I hate those cars...

Comment

Originally posted by dutchboy View Post
                I told you that... I hate those cars...
                Yeah there like high maintenance chick but worse. lol I got tons of storys now about this car but im sure you've already experianced some of them
                1997 viper gts
                1986 turbo mustang
                1972 nova

Comment

They are cool cars, but yeah you have to keep up with all the shit on them or they fall apart.... Worth money for some reason..

Comment

Originally posted by dutchboy View Post
                    They are cool cars, but yeah you have to keep up with all the shit on them or they fall apart.... Worth money for some reason..
                    Its funny this car doesnt have nice paint and kinda looks like a hoopty but it gets more attention than anything ive ever owned. And everyone just assumes its real fast cause its a GN with Welds
                    1997 viper gts
                    1986 turbo mustang
                    1972 nova

Comment

I would start checking the simplest and work out from there. Plugs(missing or worn electrodes, proper gap, proper heat range and part number for your heads & motor), plug wires, cap & rotor, ignition coil, fuel pressure regulator.

Comment

Dude everyday people would stop and ask me if I wanted to sell that car... I parked it next to a Viper at a sonic show and people were talking to me about that car and no one was showing the viper guy any love.. In my opinion vipers are cooler its just the unknown factor about the GN that makes then so cool.

Comment

I had an '86 on Welds, in '86. It was one of the first ones in Dallas. It had a chip, no cat, and a 100 shot. I outran a lot of people that called it a fake ss (Monte Carlo). GOOD looking car.

Comment

I ran into a problem like this, ended up being a dirty air mass sensor . But I had already changed plug wires, plugs, tps, coil, had the injectors cleaned and added a new fuel pump.

Comment

Working...
                            X