Where to get a fuel pump today?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where to get a fuel pump today?

It's for an 02 Chevy 1500hd with the 6.0.

O'reillys, autozone, and NAPA I have already called, looking for just the pump and not the whole assembly, and that's all those three sell. I can order it but with the holiday it wouldn't make it until next week, and need my truck tomorrow.

Anyone know of another place anywhere in Dallas that sells just the pump? Would be greatly appreciated for any advice.

If anyone has one that'll work I'll buy it off you and bring a 6 pack to ya.

I have a couple of pumps from 2011+ mustangs. Not sure if they will work, but Ill get a pic later and post it up.

Comment

Well if you're in a bind I'd say just buy the whole thing.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
      Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

You will prob end up buying the whole assembly anyway. Those things are usually stupid brittle, and you will break them into peices.

Comment

Not to mention the assemblies usually come with a new wiring harness, since a lot of the pumps fail due to that being faulty and the aftermarket has upgraded it.

Comment

Originally posted by petyweestraw View Post
            Well if you're in a bind I'd say just buy the whole thing.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk 2
            Well thankfully I'm able to use my brothers truck until I can get one shipped to me.

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
            You will prob end up buying the whole assembly anyway. Those things are usually stupid brittle, and you will break them into peices.
            Yeah I forgot about that haven't done it in a few years. Good point

Originally posted by talisman View Post
            Not to mention the assemblies usually come with a new wiring harness, since a lot of the pumps fail due to that being faulty and the aftermarket has upgraded it.
            True true, 11yrs and 250k miles, think I got my use out of it.

This seem too good to be true?

$60 shipped for a $300 part? Anyone see anything I'm overlooking? Worried it'll just be the housing and no pump included.

Comment

Probobly cheap junk. I would only get an ac delco unit. Airtex is garbage too.

Comment

Only use the AcDelco part. If you use anything else you will be replacing it in the next 10k miles.

Comment

Napa P series pump is a Carter pump, good stuff in my opinion. I've had very few failures over the past 17 years using Carter products.

Comment

I've seen a ton of failures with Carter(this was late 90s/early 00's), and Airtex, but Airtex has gotten much better over the last 2 years. Not near the amount of problems they were having, and dropping down to near no returns on them. They used to be absolute shit though, I agree. If you find something better I'd still buy it, but it seems like most fuel pumps in the aftermarket are shit for some reason.

Comment

Delphi has been a big hit at Autozone after we dropped airtex a fee months ago.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

It's been hit and miss for non-OEM fuel pumps on my 2001 Silverado. The original pump lasted well over 200,000 miles.

I've been getting replacement pumps off ebay. The first one lasted 1 year, the second is still going after 2years. Both pumps were still significantly less expensive than the AC Delco part, with my own R&R labor.

With these non-oem pumps, it's become more of a recurring cost and maintenance item, where it's originally not so. I felt it was a resonable trade-off for keeping my old truck in running form.
                        Jay Johnson
                        Car hauler for hire

Comment

Why not just put a walbro from racetronics?

They have a complete drop in assembly with the 255lph pump for what the ac Delco cost irrc. And they offer a complete replacement harness to bypass GMs plug failure. It's a plug and play harness that goes from the alt to the fuel pump with the plug in for a boost a pump if you ever needed it.

Badass kit.

Or... You can buy a cheap ass sending unit on eBay and do some work on the housing and drop a walbro in it to save on cash. < did that and the harness on my buddies 01 5.3 this summer.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

O'reilly's manager told me that they would not use airtex! I bought a gm part for my suburban and it was actually $20 cheaper in my case. (Shop cost)

Comment

Working...
                            X