recommendations on hood pin install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• recommendations on hood pin install

im too concerned about messing it up. does anybody know of a shop that can tap the pins and drill the holes in the hood? and also how much will it cost?

Why not just measure it off on the core support, use a visa marker to measure off on the hood example 3 inches in and 4 inches up. Take a step back and see if they look square with each other and if so drill through the hood and support. As long as you measure twice and then once more you can't really fuck it up......can you?

RESIDENT ELECTRICIAN AND WIRING GURU!!!!

Comment

first install the hood pins on the core support where you want them and place a small dab of silicone on the tip of the pin, drop the hood and where ever the silicone on the hood is thats where you need to drill up, once you pass the first layer of the hood( if its a fiber glass hood) do the same to the second layer and drill up.

Originally posted by DOHCTR
      You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by bonnie&clyde View Post
          thats a really good point. i guess i can use one of those existing holes as long as its smaller in diameter than the pin and just drill it out to the right size? i would ask what size hole but i assume that depends on what pins i buy.

really helpful though

Comment

Originally posted by 93bluelx View Post
            thats a really good point. i guess i can use one of those existing holes as long as its smaller in diameter than the pin and just drill it out to the right size? i would ask what size hole but i assume that depends on what pins i buy.

really helpful though
            yeah sorry i dont remember excatly which hole it is but one of those are the same distance from the fender and everything,

Comment

what pins are tried and true? which do yall reccomend

Comment

I used Ford Racing ones, but I didn't like their scuff plates so I replaced them with UPR Billet ones anodized black.

Comment

Working...
                X