Im a GT guy, but which one to buy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Im a GT guy, but which one to buy?

I havent had a mustang for about 5 years now, but I am really wanting to get another one. I feel kind of incomplete without one lol. If that makes any sense. I am looking at 3 bodystyles and year models that I like and could possibly afford. The 93 GT, the 95 GT and the 2004 GT. Are there any pros and cons that I should be aware of when it comes to any of those?

The newer one will of course have later better tech in it. But some of the older ones look damn good when theyre all finished out. (Not really looking for a cobra, im just more of a GT guy myself. Easier to afford a clean GT too.
    WH

Really up to you, they will all be painfully slow in stock condition. Do you want a 4.6L or a 5.0l? Do you want to get decent power from bolt ons, or go with forced induction? Which body style do you like best? Personally, I would save up and get an 05 GT. Much better engine and platform to start with.

Comment

I've owned a lot of fox fords. I still have one (my 84). But after driving my 2010 GT, I will never enjoy a fox the same.
      I'm sure if I got in a 2011 or newer I'd hate my 2010 too.

But not counting the S197's I'd say fox 5.0 all the way.

Comment

I dont know a very much about the newer ones. You say that the engine is better in the 05 than in the 04. What were the major differences? Weren't they both a 4.6? Just with more power I guess. Maybe the 05 repsonded better to mods?
        WH

Comment

New name again, Justin?

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
            I dont know a very much about the newer ones. You say that the engine is better in the 05 than in the 04. What were the major differences? Weren't they both a 4.6? Just with more power I guess. Maybe the 05 repsonded better to mods?
            1999-2004: 260hp 2V 4.6

2005-09: 300hp 3V 4.6

Comment

3 Valves are pigs IMO. My 06 was slow as shit. Get a 4V if you get a 4.6. I would get the 95 5.0 though out of your choices.

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                I've owned a lot of fox fords. I still have one (my 84). But after driving my 2010 GT, I will never enjoy a fox the same.
                I'm sure if I got in a 2011 or newer I'd hate my 2010 too.

But not counting the S197's I'd say fox 5.0 all the way.
                I know what you are talking about. I've been kicking around the thought of getting a C5z or a C6 and getting rid of the stangs but I'd really like to get a GTR. Other than the Supra, none of the imports ever really did it for me until this car came out.

Comment

Originally posted by kirbster View Post
                  1999-2004: 260hp 2V 4.6

2005-09: 300hp 3V 4.6
                  Actually until 2010.

The 93gt is cheap to mod and light!

The 95 is same motor but heavy.

The 04 is newer, heavier, and not as cheap to make fast.

Just depends on what you want in a car.
                  2014 GT
                  2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                    Really up to you, they will all be painfully slow in stock condition. Do you want a 4.6L or a 5.0l? Do you want to get decent power from bolt ons, or go with forced induction? Which body style do you like best? Personally, I would save up and get an 05 GT. Much better engine and platform to start with.
                    05-09 GTs juts look so bad. May sound crazy, but I would rather have a really clean fox over those s197 GTs. Fuckin' hideous. Not Mustang II bad, but close.

94-98 and 99-04 just look so much better.

Personally I would get a really clean 94-98 Cobra or cleaneast 99-04 GT I could find.

If you really wanted a fox you could throw that in too as really clean examples of all can be had for around 8k.

Seems like there was a clean one owner 94/95 Red Cobra in Frisco for sale on CL for 6-7k the other day.
                    US Politics in three words - Divide and Conquer

Comment

I was looking at a super clean 92 GT on craigslist but when I got there the guy changed the price. The ad said he wanted 6 thousand and when i first got there he said 7. I looked over the car and it was low miles and still worth it. Decided I want the car and we go to shake hands and he says he doesnt think he can take less than 8. Didnt know what to say so I was nice and just said I have to think about it. But in my head I was like wtf dude??
                      WH

Comment

Originally posted by Gasser64 View Post
                        I was looking at a super clean 92 GT on craigslist but when I got there the guy changed the price. The ad said he wanted 6 thousand and when i first got there he said 7. I looked over the car and it was low miles and still worth it. Decided I want the car and we go to shake hands and he says he doesnt think he can take less than 8. Didnt know what to say so I was nice and just said I have to think about it. But in my head I was like wtf dude??
                        You're more polite than I am. I would have told him to go fuck himself when he raised it the first time. Thats a guy that really doesn't want to get rid of his car, but probably has someone pressuring him to sell it.

Comment

If your looking for a car to finish, I have a 95 5.0 without an engine or trans right now I am wanting to sell. Has a bunch of nice parts on it, and I have an engine I am working on rebuilding to install and sell. Pm me if you may be interested.

Comment

Originally posted by JC316 View Post
                            You're more polite than I am. I would have told him to go fuck himself when he raised it the first time.
                            This!
                            2014 GT
                            2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

What are you wanting out of the car? What's your budget? Are you planning to mod it or just drive it the way it is? 5.0s are cheaper and easier to mod. 4.6 2V don't make much power without forced induction.
                              If you like the 99-04 body style I'd say get a Mach 1 if it's in your price range.
                              Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
                              Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Working...
                              X