347 stroker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by juic3d View Post
    To be honest really i don't think he cares about horse power as much as a number.. He said he would be happy with 6.50s on the bottle!
    6.50's on the bottle is going to take about 425-450 at the wheels through a C4. You are still over what a stock block can safely handle but with a good tune and keeping the rpms under 6500, it might live for a while. Try to get the car as light as possible so it takes less power to get it down the track.

Comment

Originally posted by thesource View Post
      6.50's on the bottle is going to take about 425-450 at the wheels through a C4. You are still over what a stock block can safely handle but with a good tune and keeping the rpms under 6500, it might live for a while. Try to get the car as light as possible so it takes less power to get it down the track.
      Yup. I've been doing it on footbrake for a while now. But mine is not light. Stock k member, etc. The only thing i have removed is power steering and back seat.

It's nothing crazy but it's enough to have fun!
      2014 GT
      2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

Yea the car is stripped manual rack, upr k member a arms 2 stock seats all the plastics inside of car. Has a 10 point mild steel cage

Comment

I went 6.60s on a similar set up with good hydraulic rollers and a 200 shot for about 3 years. 7000rpm
          Half of history is hiding the past.

Comment

Originally posted by juic3d View Post
            Yea the car is stripped manual rack, upr k member a arms 2 stock seats all the plastics inside of car. Has a 10 point mild steel cage
            If you can get the car down around 2800lbs with driver, you can go mid 6's with around 400 to the wheels. That's doable with a stock block/c4 combo but you have to keep the rpms down. I'd do a 3.73 or 3.55 gear depending on tire size to keep the rpms low enough to keep the C4 happy and the stock block from splitting so long as the tune is right. I'd probably go ahead and hard block it along with putting a girdle on it the lower end with some good main studs. Using as light of a rotating assembly as possibly with a good balance job really helps out a lot as well. If you can go neutral balance, I would do that as well. Given the rpms, you could get by with a hydraulic roller but a solid roller with proper springs and heavy wall pushrods will make more power.

Comment

Originally posted by silverhatch View Post
              I went 6.60s on a similar set up with good hydraulic rollers and a 200 shot for about 3 years. 7000rpm
              Must have been a heavy car!
              2014 GT
              2013 FX2 ecoboost

Comment

my cars old combo had a stock bottom end 306 with trick flow 10:1 pistons, twisted wedge heads, luanti solid roller cam, vic jr intake & 750 double pumper c-4 3500 stall, 4:11 rear and would run 6:50 on a 150 shot plate all day. car was 2850 w/driver. Went 11.50 - 11.25 on motor at Ennis and 10.57 on spray bouncing off limiter at the line.
                sigpic
                "Thank you"
                Malone's Horsepower Ranch:
                SHOWMAKERS of AMERICA:
                Pietro's Italian Restorante Vacaville, Ca:
                Lucas Oil:
                Quick Fuel Technology:
                360 Wrap

Comment

Working...
                X