New alt=smoother running engine??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New alt=smoother running engine??

Ok so my stock alt didn't like being over spun with a 6lb crank pulley. Installed a PA 130amp and 3.5 pulley and I swear it seems to be running smoother? Snake oil? Myth? Am I crazy??

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2008 550i
    2007 ZX-14
    2007 Lincoln Mark LT
    2006 GSX-R1300 for sale (make offer)
    2002 RC-51 for sale ($1500 needs new tank)
    1995 Terminated SN95

My truck freaked out when I was running improper voltage, so it seems in line.

Comment

I've seen this in the past as well especially with fuel injected engines.

Comment

my 93 ran like crap when I put an electric fan on it, and ran much better ( and cooler) when I did the 3g upgrade.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

It seems Denny's II ran a lot better with a new alternator on it.
          When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Tighten up your header bolts now and feel the power difference. My car also drove a lot better when we put the 3G alternator on.
            Street car.

Comment

on my eaton mach 1 my car did some strange shit for a while. If I ran it flat out from 1st to 4th, when I shifted to 4th it would fall completely on its face. But if I was just cruising on the highway I could downshift to 3rd and shift to 4th and make a complete pull through the rpm band. My first thoughts was some pprv issues or something. But I ended up finding out that the alternator was charging at only 9 volts and it was draining the battery by the time I got to 4th gear if I started in 1st.

At the track I ran it once with the bad alternator. I shifted into 4th and it fell on its face, being pissed off I just stayed in it telling it to just blow up already. I ran 12.1@111 (shifting into 4th at 110mph) AFTER the new alternator and NO other changes. I ran 11.5@124 mph

Mustangs dont like low voltage.
              2004 TR Mustang Mach 1 RIP
              2003 DSG Mustang Mach 1
              2014 Race Red Shelby GT500

Comment

Thanks for the replies. It's running like a champ.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                2008 550i
                2007 ZX-14
                2007 Lincoln Mark LT
                2006 GSX-R1300 for sale (make offer)
                2002 RC-51 for sale ($1500 needs new tank)
                1995 Terminated SN95

Comment

Maybe the ignition system, fuel system and ECU are getting a stronger, more consistent voltage and not constantly trying to adjust the voltage variances in the systems.

Comment

Working...
                  X