No announcement yet.

Cleaning up engine bay - What can go ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cleaning up engine bay - What can go ?

Car -93 Cobra

Im cleaning up my engine bay and wondering , what can I get rid of ?

I see on the passenger side, various things inside fender well, i.e. ball , vacuum lines etc. Also, a box below the air filter ( with vacuum lines ?) ....

Just trying to get rid of anything that is not needed to clean up the bay-

Thanks guys !

Everything you listed is more or less necessary to make car emissions leagal.. if you don't give a crap or car is an 89 or older, kill it all. I did on my 90 coupe. I have another year to go to be 25yo. But don't give a crap. I will keep driving it as is till I can get a safety only inspection or go antique. . Just noticed your car is a 93. So if you wanna remove it all... it won't be legal.
    Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
    90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by BlueCoupeRedVert View Post
      Everything you listed is more or less necessary to make car emissions leagal.. if you don't give a crap or car is an 89 or older, kill it all. I did on my 90 coupe. I have another year to go to be 25yo. But don't give a crap. I will keep driving it as is till I can get a safety only inspection or go antique. . Just noticed your car is a 93. So if you wanna remove it all... it won't be legal.
      I dont have cats ..... however, i am considering getting a catted x-pipe vs the current off road h-pipe .. .

Comment

Originally posted by HECDOGGIE View Post
        I dont have cats ..... however, i am considering getting a catted x-pipe vs the current off road h-pipe .. .
        If this is a NICE 93 cobra.. don't mess with it. Keep as original as you can. Buy a coupe or Lx hatch and practice cleaning that up..
        Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
        90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

If this is a NICE 93 cobra.. don't mess with it. Keep as original as you can. Buy a coupe or Lx hatch and practice cleaning that up..
          Its a nice cobra..(( or gonna be nice, its primer now =( ))). pretty sure i will just keep it stock.( minus a few bolt ons) ..

I was considering doing the scott rod panels, I think i might just paint the bay factory RD Teal vs what it comes with from the factory...

Comment

Its a nice cobra..(( or gonna be nice, its primer now =( ))). pretty sure i will just keep it stock.( minus a few bolt ons) ..

I was considering doing the scott rod panels, I think i might just paint the bay factory RD Teal vs what it comes with from the factory...
            That sounds like a better plan for the car.
            Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
            90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

That sounds like a better plan for the car.
              Sounds like you know your stuff.... How in the HE** do i pull long tube headers ?

I unbolted yesterday, They dont come out the bottom or top .

I assume the driver side i gotta pull the steering shaft and passenger side pull the starter ?

Comment

Sounds like you know your stuff.... How in the HE** do i pull long tube headers ?

I unbolted yesterday, They dont come out the bottom or top .

I assume the driver side i gotta pull the steering shaft and passenger side pull the starter ?
                Did you remove the H-pipe? It's been a long time since I've removed a set but if I recall correctly we pulled them out from the bottom.

Comment

May have to unbolt a motor mount and raise it up a little. Or if your pulling the motor, it may be easier to just pull out all together.
                  sigpic

Comment

H-pipe is pulled..

Will the motor come out with the long tubes attached ?

If so, thats the way im going back in.

Im pulling the motor out this weekend...finally, then dropping the other in right away.

Hopefully i can do the swap over saturday and sunday.

Need to figure out how to install new clutch =) / Electric Fan !!

Comment

H-pipe is pulled..

Im pulling the motor out this weekend...finally, then dropping the other in right away.

Never had to mess with longtubes yet. But like stated above, that sould work. If you cant get them out. Just leave then unbolted, pull motor. As you lift it you sould gain space to maneuver the headers to drop out..
                      Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
                      90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

I've seen some people unbolt them and then leave them on this side of the engine bay and just pull the motor. I've also seen them leave them attached and pull the motor.

Comment

Originally posted by Venom View Post
                          I've seen some people unbolt them and then leave them on this side of the engine bay and just pull the motor. I've also seen them leave them attached and pull the motor.
                          Im hoping this works when putting them back in...
                          It would free up some room to really tighten the bolts.

Comment

H-pipe is pulled..

You sure have a hard on for the enter key lol
                            2012 GT500

Comment

Originally posted by Cobraman View Post
                              You sure have a hard on for the enter key lol
                              just

trying

to make it

easier

to read...

insteadofitlookinglikeahugeramblingsentenceorparag raph

Comment

Working...
                              X