tire pressure sensors...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• tire pressure sensors...

Are the aftermarket ones that Discount Tire sells just as good as the OEM sensors? I plan on buying a set of the 8 spoke GMC 22" wheels and will be selling the Texas edition wheels once it all said and done.

I think it'll help sell the old wheels if I include the tps's.

They broke one on one of my GM fleet vans, replaced with theirs and programmed it. Lost signal the next day, took it to the dealer to have it replaced with one of theirs. El Cheapo was dead. IMO garbage, but could have been just a bunk one.

Maybe have the OEM's put on your new wheels and theirs on the old set

Comment

I'd imagine DT orders them from who ever that location uses as a parts supplier.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
        I'd imagine DT orders them from who ever that location uses as a parts supplier.
        Or china.

Comment

We've used then before for work with good success
          Scott Ganow
          Lone Star Performance
          16300 Midway Rd
          Addison, TX 75001
          214-630-5006

Comment

They are just as good. I am sure they are covered under some sort of warranty as discount charges an arm and a leg...

I am sure there is some value in leaving yours in your current set up.. Increase the price to cover new ones from discount.

Comment

I wasn't sure if they were even reusable... from what I gathered online, they are part of the valve stem, and they usually just pull those out when removing tires.

I bought a set of the TPS's from DT a while back when I added some aftermarket wheels to our old Expy but they were strapped with a huge hose clamp that went around the rim/hub. I didn't keep the Expy long so I don't know how their longevity is.

I didn't think about the warranty from DT, I'll check into that. If there is one, I'm sure it'll be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by GeorgeG. View Post
                I wasn't sure if they were even reusable... from what I gathered online, they are part of the valve stem, and they usually just pull those out when removing tires.

I bought a set of the TPS's from DT a while back when I added some aftermarket wheels to our old Expy but they were strapped with a huge hose clamp that went around the rim/hub. I didn't keep the Expy long so I don't know how their longevity is.

I didn't think about the warranty from DT, I'll check into that. If there is one, I'm sure it'll be fine.
                There's a small screw that holds the sensor onto those valve stems.

Comment

Working...
                X