My 2008 GT needs new control arms/bushings all around

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My 2008 GT needs new control arms/bushings all around

I have 2008 Mustang GT with 68000 miles.

Took my car to Sam Pack Ford in Carrollton this Saturday for a squeak coming from the left rear lower control arm front bushing. They told me I needed new control arms all around front and back.(since the bushings were part of the control arm, they couldn't just replace the bushings) and it would be $2600

This seems outrageous to me, especially after seeing videos online of how seemingly easy the rear ones are replaced. Not sure I would want to tackle the front myself. So I'm looking for a shop that will do the front and community opinion on what is a fare price for the front control arms to be replaced.

For the rear I was looking at these:
    FREE SHIPPING! Improves Traction. You're going nowhere fast if you can't hook up off the line, that's why BMR Suspension designed these Mustang Rear Lower Contr

All advice welcome.

lmao! Wow. Yeah, that should be an easy job. Must have been a slow day in service and someone was worried about their mortgage payment.

Comment

Time for an upgrade !

Comment

LCA's are stupidly easy to do. Get a jack, some stands and tools and get to it. There are plenty of write ups online if you get lost. 2 hour job tops.

Comment

I also doubt the fronts even need replacing. If you want yo do it PM greenbullitt.

Comment

Holy hell that's absurd! I changed out the lower control arms on my 07 and it wasn't bad at all. I went with the J&M ones on American Muscle for $100, took me about 2 hrs or so.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
              lmao! Wow. Yeah, that should be an easy job. Must have been a slow day in service and someone was worried about their mortgage payment.
              I don't doubt it. On top of that my only other service request was to replace a burned out blinker bulb, something I'd been meaning to do for weeks but figured it would save time to have them do it since I had already put it off so long.

They charged me 2$ for the bulb and 38$ for labor. Okay, that's expected. Convenience tax.

Plus $114 dollars diagnostics fees. Not sure if that was tied to the lightbulb or squeaky lower control arm or all the other looking I didn't ask them to do. I told them what was causing the squeak when I brought it in. I specifically told them I could hit the front bolt of the lower control arm with spray lubricant and the issue would stop. So I knew it was the lower control arm front bushing causing the squeak.

I won't be doing any further business with them.

Comment

If you want any help changing the LCA's, let me know if you're not too far from McKinney
                Scott Ganow
                Lone Star Performance
                16300 Midway Rd
                Addison, TX 75001
                214-630-5006

Comment

Who quoted you that?

Comment

Originally posted by Shaggin Wagon View Post
                    Who quoted you that?
                    Kevin Moody, I dropped my car off with him Saturday Morning at 7am. He agreed to call me with a quote. I called at noon, left a message for him. I called back at 2pm because I still hadn't heard from him. That's when he gave me the $2600 quote. I told him to not do any of that work that I was going to shop it around, and I would be there to pick it up soon.

When I arrived 15 or 20 minutes later, the car wasn't even ready to go(The cashier didn't have the ticket, or keys).

Comment

I don't see that car needing all those control arms/bushings at 68K.

Comment

Funny. I just called up there and replacing all the control arms and an alignment it's 1320 out the door.
                        2010 F-350 6.4L SRW CC 4X4

Spartan tunes, 5 inch flo-pro, 4 inch down pipe, cold side piping, AFE stage 2 CAI, EGR delete, Air Dog II

2012 Mustang 5.0 GT Stock........for now.

Comment

Service depts are usually way expensive . They like to ripped our heads off too. A jack and some friends will get the job done.

Comment

Originally posted by Badass2000GT View Post
                            Funny. I just called up there and replacing all the control arms and an alignment it's 1320 out the door.
                            With the quote I was given, that wouldn't even cover the front.

Comment

i've got a set of stock LCA's for a s197 that I will give away
                              Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Working...
                              X