Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are there any good quality cheaper impact sockets?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any good quality cheaper impact sockets?

I need to get a good set of 12point 3/8-1/2 deep and shallow impact sockets. Anyone have any reviews or suggestions on cheaper sets than the tool trucks?

12 point I would think would be more of a specialty socket in impact style. I know my Mac dealer offers a secondary line of sockets that a company they bought out offers. The pricing on them seemed to be substantially lower than the mac branded stuff and they looked like good product. I don't know if they offered anything in what you are needed, and I haven't personally bought any to try out yet.

Comment

I bought my deep impacts from harbor freight and no issues in three years. They were like 15 bucks for a huge set of each. Bought metric and standard. I dont recomend most of their wrenches or anything I use a whole lot but for weird low usage specialty stuff I have a bunch of theirs. Hell I have had their electric impact wrench for three years and its still going strong and I have beat the snot out of it. I only bought it becasue it was cheap and I wanted to see if I liked one before buying a name brand. It beats my dads air impact all day.
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Sunnex. I have quite a few and have never broke one.
        Last edited by fordracing19; 01-23-2011, 05:09 PM.
        2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
          12 point I would think would be more of a specialty socket in impact style. I know my Mac dealer offers a secondary line of sockets that a company they bought out offers. The pricing on them seemed to be substantially lower than the mac branded stuff and they looked like good product. I don't know if they offered anything in what you are needed, and I haven't personally bought any to try out yet.
          Grey Pneumatic - I believe is the line you are talking about

I have some of their 1/4 inch stuff and it has worked really well for me, but I dont hammer on any of that with any big air impacts. Just my little battery powered 1/4 impact.

Comment

Husky, I use them all the time and have had no issues.
            Vortex rear stand $75
            8.8 410s. $50

**SKAGG NASTY**
            My goal in life is to not arrive at the grave in a well preserved body.
            but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting "holy shit!!!.. what a ride!"

1990 Foxbody GT for that ass
            11 4 door
            13 FX2 White 5.0

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
              Sunnex. I quite a few and have never broke one.
              Grey pneumatic is good also

Comment

Originally posted by SBFORDTECH View Post
                Grey pneumatic is good also
                yea, but there wobble sockets dont last
                sigpic

Comment

Never had a 12 point impact socket.

Comment

Working...
                  X