Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Questions for state certified Inspectors...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions for state certified Inspectors...

At what age does a car no longer have to be Emissions Tested?
    And, even though it won't be sniffed, is the inspector still supposed to ensure all Emissions parts are present (smog pump and hoses/valves).
    Thanks.

25 years. All factory installed items are supposed to be there but if it's a safety inspection only typically they don't even look.

Comment

By antique tags if it's not your DD.
      "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

-- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334

Comment

you can find an additive called Rx something or another at Autozone that'll help with the emissions readings. I added it to my Lightning with no smog or cats and have never had an issue.

Comment

Comment

In my experience, on safety inspection only cars they sometimes look for cats if they're supposed to have them. On mine they have never noticed other emissions stuff like smog pump, PCV, etc.
            Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
            Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

An 88 is exempt from the sniffer right now, as well as an 89 that was built in 88, FWIW.

Comment

If the sticker on the cowl or hood says it's supposed to have something they are supposed to verify it's there. So scratch it off and they'll only look for cats if it's something made since 1984.

Comment

Originally posted by georgeg. View Post
                  you can find an additive called rx something or another at autozone that'll help with the emissions readings. I added it to my lightning with no smog or cats and have never had an issue.

rxp.

Comment

Its a rolling 25 and on a safety, I've never notice them look at anything other than, lights, tires, horn and wipers.

Comment

Thanks guys.

Comment

Working...
                      X