Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What foam for sealing gaps by radiator and fan shroud?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What foam for sealing gaps by radiator and fan shroud?

I'm putting a Taurus fan in my 95 F150. I have the Taurus fan mounted inside the f150 fan shroud. I want to put some foam in there to help seal it up so that the Taurus fan doesn't just pull air from the gaps between the two shrouds.

What's a good foam to use that won't deteriorate in a year? I have a linen/hobby type place nearby but the foam they have doesn't look like the type that will hold up well long term.
    "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Subscribing for curiosity.

Sent from my not soo far away Galaxy...
    1988GT DSS pro bullet 306,pp track heat heads, pp downs box intake, TFS stage II cam, S-trim 13lbs, 503/461
    2002 VTX 1800C Chopped and Raked
    2000 F250 4x4 PSD
    2012 Ford Exploder
    www.fquick.com/payne5757
    www.myspace.com/payne5757

Comment

how large is the gap? you could use rubber weather striping for something that would last. You can get it in all kinds of dimensions.

Comment

The gaps vary from 1in. to 3 in. Rubber weather stripping would be too small. It was my first thought but I couldn't find any large enough.
        "You wouldn't know what crazy was if Charles Manson was eating Fruit Loops on your front porch"

Comment

Im running a Taurus fan on my fox, and though its probably not the best foam out there to use, I bought a roll of 1" weatherstripping foam from Pep Boys.

Its been on there for about 6 months now, and is holding up so far...
          1991 5.0 Mustang LX-Hatch, BBK Cold Air Intake, BBK Headers, BBK X-Pipe, Flowmaster 40's, HPM C/C Plates, Cobra Sway-Bar, UPR Subframe Connectors, UPR Control Arms, FRPP Aluminum Driveshaft, FRPP "C" Springs, FRPP 31 Spine Diff, Moser 31 Spline Axles, FRPP 3:73 Gears, Tokico Blue Shocks, King Cobra Clutch, MSD Ignition, Taurus Electric Fan, BBK Gripp Shifter, & More

Comment

Use hoses, they clamp down and seal nicely. And they won't deteriorate.

Comment

For such a large gap, I would use sheet aluminum strips rivited to the fan to fill them in. Use foam door seal from Home Depot for a complete seal though.
              Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Great Stuff yo....
                "We, the people, are the rightful masters of both congress and the courts - not to overthrow the constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the constitution." Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Working...
                X