Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
    Stock front rates are higher than 450.
    I just remembered. I have coil-overs. High spring rates aren't needed. I think I'm supposed to have 250lb range.
    2008 550i
    2007 ZX-14
    2007 Lincoln Mark LT
    2006 GSX-R1300 for sale (make offer)
    2002 RC-51 for sale ($1500 needs new tank)
    1995 Terminated SN95

Comment

Originally posted by MGannaway View Post
      nice to hear you finally finished it up. I remember talking to you a bunch about the build a few years ago. What held it up from being finished? Didn't gearheads do the swap?

After spending a grip for the swap, It's had a series of unfortunate events that have had me angry at her. I'd drive her, have a mishap and then let her sit for a few months.

1.) She wasn't making good power from the jump. It always seemed slow.
      2.) kept killing the battery. Starter wasn't grounded good. Always leaving me stranded. Fixed.
      3.) Ran a 13.5 at the dragstrip. I was pissed. Let it sit.
      4.) Dynod 280 something. Extremely lean. Pissed, let it sit.
      5.) crank pulley started to wobble. Fixed
      6.) snout on the t-56 broke off. Fixed with aftermarket snout.

After almost selling it a few months ago, Byron convinced me to try to fix it again. The shop out here used Binary Edit and found that it was still on the factory tune and had bad coil-pack.
      2008 550i
      2007 ZX-14
      2007 Lincoln Mark LT
      1995 Terminated SN95

Comment

glad to see your back JC. hopefully you can really enjoy your car now after going through all that

Comment

Originally posted by Monsoon X View Post
          After spending a grip for the swap, It's had a series of unfortunate events that have had me angry at her.....

Seems like every motor swap I've seen has had something like this. There are always a laundry list of bugs to work out, and after all the initial work being done and expecting it to drive and be fun, it can be a big let down when shit keeps going wrong. I've always figured this is why you see so many ads with "less than 1k on new motor!" Glad you got it sorted out after all that work. Pretty neat car.

Comment

Yeah, I'm happy as heck to have it finally running good and decently quick (I can't say fast. LOL) Oh yeah, I also had sprung a leak on the remote oil filter. Man, I can't tell you how many AN fittings I ordered from Summit to find the right one. dang.

Talisman- It has definitely been a test for me because I fall out of love QUICK. But I really wanted this car to work and I was at the point of no return. Couldn't sell it as a project car and lose my butt on the labor costs so I had no choice but to see it through. I'm glad I did.

Things to fix:
            Dash doesn't work (Need to order a harness or a digital dash)
            A/C has bugs. Seems that it doesn't have a pressure switch because it'll work for a lil while then it'll puke all the refrigerant out.

I want to replace the tan carpet with black and then verify that the fuel system is in good condition (gonna start data logging) so I can feel confident in ordering a KB 2.6l
            2008 550i
            2007 ZX-14
            2007 Lincoln Mark LT
            1995 Terminated SN95

Comment

Welcome back JC. Glad you kept the SN95. I sold mine earlier in the year after getting fed up with it and not having the cash to get her running right. Hope to be back in another 'Stang early next year though so I hope to see you around.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                Seems like every motor swap I've seen has had something like this. There are always a laundry list of bugs to work out, and after all the initial work being done and expecting it to drive and be fun, it can be a big let down when shit keeps going wrong. I've always figured this is why you see so many ads with "less than 1k on new motor!" Glad you got it sorted out after all that work. Pretty neat car.
                Amen.

Comment

Working...
                X