Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LS motor halp??

98 z28

bought this car last week from an individual and drove it home about 60 miles. Been driving for a few days with no issues till these codes popped up. Still runs fine just has the codes. Mods are 706 heads and a hot cam, shift kit and cat back.

P0102 maf low frequency
    P0174 bank 2 lean
    P0300 random misfire

The misfire could be a simple tune up but I'm unsure of the other 2. Any help will be greatly appreciated

Also car has not been tuned to my knowledge
    07 f250-family truckster
    08 Denali -baby hauler
    52 f1-rust bucket
    05 Jeep tj. Buggy
    livin the double-wide dream

Needs a LID/cut-out/!CAGS/Mobil-1/Zaino in that order.

Comment

The MAF can cause all of those codes. If it has been tuned, they might have screwed it up, the 98's have a different PCM and there aren't many good options for handheld tuners.

Comment

Make sure it has a MAF screen still and there isn't K&N oil all over the element.

Comment

Clean out the MAF...
          Originally posted by Da Prez
          Fuck dfwstangs!! If Jose ain't running it, I won't even bother going back to it, just my two cents!!
          Originally posted by VETTKLR

Cliff Notes: I can beat the fuck out of a ZR1

Comment

Very seldom does cleaning the maf fix a 102 code. If it has the screen in it remove the screen and clean it. The p0300 is because of the cam.

Comment

It will need to be tuned to get rid of the misfire code, gotta turn off the reporting or turn the count way up that triggers the light.

Comment

Ok I'll clean the maf and I had planned to have it tuned in a few months, that may get moved up
                07 f250-family truckster
                08 Denali -baby hauler
                52 f1-rust bucket
                05 Jeep tj. Buggy
                livin the double-wide dream

Comment

I had similar problem on my 01 Chevy truck. And I replace everything that it said to. And it was the knock sensors. Might be that.

Comment

Working...
                  X