Good salvage yards??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Good salvage yards??

I'm wondering if there are any good salvage yards around that will let you walk around and pick parts you want? I know pick n pull but I've heard mixed reviews about them. Needing some misc parts for my c10 and would t mind killing a day just walking around digging for parts.

Elliott Reeder Rd off 121 (Carson St) in Fort Worth.

Comment

I haven't been there in a couple years, but I'm sure they're still open.

Carter's Salvage yard in Plano off of Hedgecoxe had a lot of cars and let me walk around and find a Taurus electric fan for my '86 GT.

Comment

I've always had decent luck walking around Roy Miller's in McKinney. They let you walk around and I normally leave with more than planned. Price depends on who you talk to though.
        Putting warheads on foreheads since 2004

Pro-Touring Build

Comment

Where are you located?

The junkyards in Haltom City between Carson and Haltom Rd are pretty good, and they have some old stuff. We went and yanked some parts for an '84 Chevy truck at Littlejohn's a couple of weekends ago and they had a bunch of them.

The yards off Business 287 in Kennedale are also good, and have old parts.

I used to go to the yards off Jefferson and Davis in Grand Prairie, but recently they seem to be crazy-high on prices and all they have is newer stuff. Pretty obvious they are catering to the collision repair business where there is plenty of insurance money.
          When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Any place around here good for early 90's Ranger parts? My son needs a new front clip for his 92.
            01 red GT - 745whp/780wtq Whippled 4V and built 4R75W

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
              Where are you located?

The junkyards in Haltom City between Carson and Haltom Rd are pretty good, and they have some old stuff. We went and yanked some parts for an '84 Chevy truck at Littlejohn's a couple of weekends ago and they had a bunch of them.

I used to go to the yards off Jefferson and Davis in Grand Prairie, but recently they seem to be crazy-high on prices and all they have is newer stuff. Pretty obvious they are catering to the collision repair business where there is plenty of insurance money.
              I'm just west of little elm near oak point. I'm ok with driving as long as its a good yard with some older stuff. Seems most places are not keeping the older trucks anymore.

Thanks for the reply ill give them a look. I'm mainly just wanting to waste a day one Monday and see if I can find some random misc parts for my c10.

Comment

i've always had good luck at. all's pick u part on 2nd ave. and atomic pick & pull.
                for fox parts. the have lots of C-10 and rangeds too. bring your tool box and cash.
                sigpic🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Without my gun hobby. I would cut off my own dick and let the rats eat it...
                🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄🐄

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                  I've had some luck there.. At the Chevy one anyways.

Only been to pick and pull once, but went on one of the holiday weekends when they do the 1/2 off sale or whatever and got a kick ass deal on some stuff I needed for my old Bronco.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackpony View Post
                    Needing some misc parts for my c10 .
                    What you need ? I have parted a few lately...

Comment

Originally posted by dcs13 View Post
                      What you need ? I have parted a few lately...
                      Looking for a surburban/k5 blazer rear bumper and brackets, maybe a rear mount fuel tank, interior a and b pillar trim pieces, latches for the wing windows, maybe a good factory gmc grill

Comment

Leave your grill!

Comment

Originally posted by BMCSean View Post
                          Leave your grill!
                          You think?? I kinda dig the look of a clean setup with a factory grill..

Comment

No, the grill you have is the best grill for those trucks, IMO of course.

Comment

My buddy has a grille for the square mid-80s GMC trucks. Let me know if you want to look at it.

I'd suggest just buying a remanufactured rear Blazer/Suburban rear bumper. An old one will look like crap after 30 years of being beaten on. I think you have to get bumper brackets from the junkyard though.

I think you need to talk to my buddy, he just did everything you mentioned... lol.

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Working...
                              X