CD Player Install 06 GMC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CD Player Install 06 GMC

Went to install new HU in my 06 GMC and ran into the issue of running the Acc that was supplied with connecter. With it wired to an acc fuse I lose the RAP function. Are there any ill side effects to going this route? Or is there a way to wire into RAP to retain this funtion without buying another connector?

You don't need RAP but it is a nice feature. I'll see if it is available elsewhere. The data modules retain chimes, data communication, and RAP.

Comment

I went ahead and pulled Acc power from fuse off panel by drv door. Plans where to order the module to add back so RAP is used but not missing the chimes at all. If no othef side effects come from not having RAPs then will probaly leave it as it is..

Comment

This is not my info. I found it on a 12V site. TEST before connecting to any of these.
        2003-2007(classic model) Full size Chevy trucks and SUV's dark blue at BCM, In the grey 24 pin plug, Pin B3. Can use green wire at sunroof switch for these trucks if they have a sunroof. Classic Full size GMs can find RAP at the driver side fuse box. there is a RAP fuse there you can tap or also the dk green wire coming out of the red harness will do you right.

Comment

Working...
        X