Timing Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Timing Help

I finally got my 93 Mustang Cobra ( factory 5.0) back together and i need some help with the timing.

Anyone have diagrams, step by step , pictures to help me get this thing fired up ?

(((side note : the fuel is about a year old, there is half a tank it it... should i drain and replace ? - my thoughts are it should be fine ? )))))
    Last edited by HECDOGGIE; 09-06-2013, 09:34 AM. Reason: added info on car

93 what? I'd be scared of year old gas.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
      93 what? I'd be scared of year old gas.

Sorry about that..... 93 Cobra...

Comment

Turn off the a/c, pull the spout connector, start it up and adjust the timing. Stock is 10°BTDC, most guys bump that up though depending on mods/driving style.

Comment

Originally posted by BP View Post
          Turn off the a/c, pull the spout connector, start it up and adjust the timing. Stock is 10°BTDC, most guys bump that up though depending on mods/driving style.
          Will it start by just removing the spout connector ?

I had the whole distributor, wires all off.... i just put it all back together..

I need a firing order diagram too ... help . ?
          \

Comment

It's a lot to type out. Try to youtube it. Or maybe I could come look at it tonight. Im also in garland.
            sigpic

Comment

13726548 counter clockwise on the distributor . # 1 is the passenger side front , # 5 driver side front . What else you need to know ?
              Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Is the distributor out of the block ?
                Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Originally posted by dumpycapri85 View Post
                  Is the distributor out of the block ?
                  It was .... The top end was out.

I printed out detailed instructions... hope it helps.

Comment

if id doesn't start but pops and sputters then its 180 degrees off. pull the dizzy and turn the crank till it gets back to btc then renistall the dist
                    sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by 0393gt View Post
                      if id doesn't start but pops and sputters then its 180 degrees off. pull the dizzy and turn the crank till it gets back to btc then renistall the dist
                      Will do. Thanks

PM sent.. btw

Comment

If it's an old balancer you might want to verify the marks to be sure of true TDC. Pull all the plugs, insert piston stop in cylinder #1. Turn crank by hand clockwise until you hit stop. Mark balancer via the timing pointer. Turn counter clockwise until hit stop. Mark balancer again. True mark will be between two marks you made.

Comment

Shit is running!
                          sigpic

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by 0393gt View Post
                              Shit is running!

I cant thank you enough for your help!!! Anthony ( 0393gt) is a stand up guy, with a great taste in Cars ! My next car will be Anthonys 86, Super Clean !

So, i took a risk on a 93 Teal ( primer now ) Cobra. Owner said it ran when he started taking it apart.... What do you know, There is still honest people out there. I need to tighten the header bolts just a bit and figure out the power steering issue and we are good to GO!!
                              Last edited by HECDOGGIE; 09-09-2013, 08:51 AM. Reason: added username

Comment

Working...
                              X