Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Turn Signals & Blower motor stopped working?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Turn Signals & Blower motor stopped working?

Alright so a couple of day ago I was driving home. I went to turn on the ac and the blower motor would come on. So I though it was the switch it would only blow on high. You can hear the ac compressor click on ,but no air. Right at the same time my turn signals wouldn't work either. I first check the fuses and all check out good. I went and replaced the turn solenoid (guess thats what you call it) Still nothing. The hazard lights do work and all other lights, but the turn signal lights. So Im lost not sure what to check out next. Car is a 88 mustang Lx 5.0. If anyone could help it would be much appreciated!!
    88 LX 5.0 (Current)
    91 GT 5.0 Sold
    85 GT 5.0 Sold
    91 LX 2.3 Sold

My Youtube Channel

Possibly be a ignition switch going bad?
    88 LX 5.0 (Current)
    91 GT 5.0 Sold
    85 GT 5.0 Sold
    91 LX 2.3 Sold

My Youtube Channel

Comment

99.9999999999% sure it's your ignition switch. Pull that plastic off around the column and check it out. Sometimes you can move it around and it will work. Or, it just might disentigrate.

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
        99.9999999999% sure it's your ignition switch. Pull that plastic off around the column and check it out. Sometimes you can move it around and it will work. Or, it just might disentigrate.
        Yeah I went and taken the plastic cover off the column. Didn't play with it much just check everything was plugged in. Just find it crazy everything else in the car would work but the ac and turn signals lol
        88 LX 5.0 (Current)
        91 GT 5.0 Sold
        85 GT 5.0 Sold
        91 LX 2.3 Sold

My Youtube Channel

Comment

When I was a broke college student and my 88 LX did the same thing, I wrapped a zip tie around the ignition switch/column to plug it in tight, and everything worked properly for another 6-8 months. Due to the fact those ignition switches like to burn-up, I do NOT recommend this method, but you can try the same thing to see if it fixes the problem. If so, you know it's the switch.

Comment

Ignition switch. It may look and be plugged in but it's on its way out. Replace it before you're left stranded or worse it catches fire.
            Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

I had the EXACT problem a couple weeks ago. No turn signal or blower motor... Replace the ignition switch. It's like 16 bucks.
              Detailing is an Obsession!!

1996 MYSTIC Cobra #405 of 2000

Fox Coupe "Calypso Killer"

Comment

Alright, so I went a head and pick one up today. I've never changed out one before. How hard is to change one?
                88 LX 5.0 (Current)
                91 GT 5.0 Sold
                85 GT 5.0 Sold
                91 LX 2.3 Sold

My Youtube Channel

Comment

Alright I changed out the ignition switch cylinder instead of the ignition switch. What the hell was I thinking. For some reason I was thinking that. My old dodge had that problem and it was with that. So gonna pick up the switch and give it another go.
                  Last edited by justin91lx; 09-06-2013, 06:45 PM.
                  88 LX 5.0 (Current)
                  91 GT 5.0 Sold
                  85 GT 5.0 Sold
                  91 LX 2.3 Sold

My Youtube Channel

Comment

Lol fail!

Comment

Originally posted by justin91lx View Post
                      Alright I changed out the ignition switch cylinder instead of the ignition switch. What the hell was I thinking. For some reason I was thinking that. My old dodge had that problem and it was with that. So gonna pick up the switch and give it another go.
                      I'm sorry but that is funny.
                      Non tapatalk Sig so the butt hurt va-JJs can stop crying about not being able to turn it off.

Comment

Originally posted by MattB View Post
                        When I was a broke college student and my 88 LX did the same thing, I wrapped a zip tie around the ignition switch/column to plug it in tight, and everything worked properly for another 6-8 months. Due to the fact those ignition switches like to burn-up, I do NOT recommend this method, but you can try the same thing to see if it fixes the problem. If so, you know it's the switch.
                        The zip tie method worked for about 3 years on my mustang, I thought I was a fucking genius when I figured that out, ha.

Comment

Alright, Got the new switch and slapped her in and everything works again.
                          88 LX 5.0 (Current)
                          91 GT 5.0 Sold
                          85 GT 5.0 Sold
                          91 LX 2.3 Sold

My Youtube Channel

Comment

Working...
                          X