Disappointed in the new FR-S/BRZ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Disappointed in the new FR-S/BRZ

I really dig the look of it and finally I got to go test one out. Handling was very good but it just needs more power. I drove a auto with the paddle shifter and it was kind of fun but not 27k fun. The engine looked really easy to work on though. I was also kind of worried when I leaned on the fender to look at the engine, the whole fender moved. Car also smelled like sulfur the whole time I was driving it. I drove a 370Z Nismo a while back and it just felt like a better car all around. Way faster that is for sure and around the same money. Both had a terrible blind spot from the rear pillars. The FR-S also needs a pad on the center console where my knee rests. Nothing like hard plastic rubbing you knee while you are driving. Maybe with a super charger or turbo it would be a better car. Even the sales manager was like "yep, no argument with you on the power".
    Whos your Daddy?

I thought those things were much cheaper. Jesus, you can get a new 5.0 for that.

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
      I thought those things were much cheaper. Jesus, you can get a new 5.0 for that.
      Yeah that's what me and the sales manager were discussing. 22k would be a better price and leave room for a turbo or supercharger. This one wasn't even loaded out for 27k and that's the no haggle Scion price.
      Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Those would be cool if the they had the 2.5t from the sti.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

they make boost kits for them on the scion speed site that supposedly wont void the factory warranty but I get you drift. where did you find a nismo370z for 27?

Comment

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
            they make boost kits for them on the scion speed site that supposedly wont void the factory warranty but I get you drift. where did you find a nismo370z for 27?
            He has to be talking about a used one

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 4

Comment

Originally posted by emg View Post
              He has to be talking about a used one

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk 4
              oh, just didn't know there were many of those used already in that price range.

Comment

Yeah, I went to a track even with the TRD models, while fun, not worth that kind of scratch.

But people are buying them, I am seeing the FR-S more and more but have only seen one BRZ

Comment

They are a classic sports car: tiny, light, nimble, and somewhat underpowered. You're an American, you are used to some chutzpa under your foot, but that's not needed in the arena the BRZ was built to play in.

Take a look: http://s197forum.com/forum/showpost....&postcount=383

"This car was hooked UP on this course. At 2700 pounds the BRZ has a huge weight advantage on the 3600 pound S197s in STU, but with 166 whp it lacks a bit in the "go" department. I beat on that car like a rented mule, launching from the Start at 5500 rpms and taking it to redline several times on course; even using 3rd gear on most of my runs. These cars have relatively low power levels, but it just didn't matter. This is autocross, where WEIGHT WINS. In the end the BRZ was 3.6 seconds faster than Mark or Amy in STU and 1.5 sec faster than the winner in STU. That was shocking, and more than a little depressing. I mean, sure, I knew the BRZ could be faster but not THAT much faster than two well prepped STU S197 5.0 cars."
                  Here is a vid: http://vorshlag.smugmug.com/Racing-E...bKjrF&lb=1&s=A

When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Urban had had a 2013 that they were gonna deal with me on. I have bought 5 Nissan s from them and they missed business on my last Rouge for my wife over bad sales tactics. They did nt want to miss another. They have a lot of mark up on those cars. Oh they are clay cooly now.
                    Whos your Daddy?

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
                      They are a classic sports car: tiny, light, nimble, and somewhat underpowered. You're an American, you are used to some chutzpa under your foot, but that's not needed in the arena the BRZ was built to play in.

Take a look: http://s197forum.com/forum/showpost....&postcount=383

Here is a vid: http://vorshlag.smugmug.com/Racing-E...bKjrF&lb=1&s=A

and to add to this: my fairmont has more than twice the hp that my miata does, and the mont is (estimated) around 600lbs fatter, but they run similar times around the race track.
                      "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

A lot of people complained about the 53-54 Corvette not having enough power either. Toyotaburu has the means to add more power and probably will.

Comment

I would really like to have one as a daily, but the price point doesn't make sense for such a small coupe. If they were somewhere under $20k I would consider it.
                          When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

I guess if auto crossing is in your plans then buy one, but for that much money you can have a whole host of other vehicles with more power and looks, imo.
                            Last edited by Rick Modena; 08-30-2013, 09:30 AM.
                            Originally posted by Silverback
                            Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

I get that it's light and "toss-able," but unless you are actually autocrossing it, there's rarely a chance to enjoy that part of it on public roadways, especially in Texas. I don't see the primary buyer for this car being much of an enthusiast, just someone that wants a sporty look with good gas mileage.

Comment

Working...
                              X