Passing emissions, 94 5.0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Passing emissions, 94 5.0

Car is a 94 5.0 I pulled the spout connector off and it reduced the NOX emissions to almost nothing, and the dillution is 14.7. Car currently has an O/R X on it. If I put cats at the end of the X-pipe, will it reduce my CO emissions? Near the end of the pipe is the only good place to put them in. I believe you have to have lower than .6x The car put down 1.67 and 1.87

Thanks.
    Detailing by Dylan
    817-494-3396
    Meticuloustx7@gmail.com
    Ask about the Pre-Spring special

CO's are an incomplete burn, you need to sea foam through the brake booster line put new plugs in it. Cats reduce nox. Spout connector does that too. And make sure there is no type of "fuel cleaner" additive in the tank it will make the COs high also

Comment

Originally posted by green1995gt View Post
      CO's are an incomplete burn, you need to sea foam through the brake booster line put new plugs in it. Cats reduce nox. Spout connector does that too. And make sure there is no type of "fuel cleaner" additive in the tank it will make the COs high also
      x2

also, dont run 93 octane while trying to pass a car like yours when it is goin to be a close call. run 87,do a fresh oil change and go drive the piss out of it and then take it for the inspection. If there are no cats on your car then it will probably fail the visual inspection

Comment

I put Seafoam in the tank a couple hundred miles ago. There is probably a lil left in there. So, I will:

1. No seafoam in tank

2. New spark plugs

3. Oil change

4. 87 octane

5. Pull spout. Doesn't this keep the timing at 10*?

Would it be a bad idea to put seafoam in the crankcase or brake booster before replacing these parts?

Also, can I put an adj. fuel regulator on and turn down the PSI? Would cleaning out the IAC valve and MAF help it pass, giving the computer better readings?

It failed the visual inspection, (cocksuckers), so I am putting a set of Magnaflow high flows on it, should quiet it a tad too.

Thanks!
        Detailing by Dylan
        817-494-3396
        Meticuloustx7@gmail.com

Comment

Also, the smog pump line was cut, so I have no smog pump.
          Detailing by Dylan
          817-494-3396
          Meticuloustx7@gmail.com

Comment

I passed with the pump bypassed. Just depends on who you get to inspect it.

Comment

My '94 Cobra failed miserably when I took it in. Timing at 10', 87 octane, oil change, and a bottle of RXP in the tank did it every time. Make sure it's good and warmed up when they test it.
              Atlantic Blue '00 - '03 Cobra motor and TKO600, solid axle, full MM suspension
              Silver '01 Vette - D1 blown LS

Comment

Cats need to be close to the engine to get hot enough to operate properly.

Comment

LOL............pull an injector plug!
                  sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Kidd View Post
                    I passed with the pump bypassed. Just depends on who you get to inspect it.
                    They don't care about that, they just want cats on.

Originally posted by Trick Pony View Post
                    My '94 Cobra failed miserably when I took it in. Timing at 10', 87 octane, oil change, and a bottle of RXP in the tank did it every time. Make sure it's good and warmed up when they test it.
                    You took it in with the additive in the tank? How much did RXP reduce your CO and HC emissions? Can't I just pull the spout plug and that will set timing at 10*?

Originally posted by 94mstng94 View Post
                    Cats need to be close to the engine to get hot enough to operate properly.
                    I just need them on mainly to quiet it a little bit and pass the "Visual" inspection.
                    Detailing by Dylan
                    817-494-3396
                    Meticuloustx7@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by 89gt-stanger View Post
                      They don't care about that, they just want cats on.

You took it in with the additive in the tank? How much did RXP reduce your CO and HC emissions? Can't I just pull the spout plug and that will set timing at 10*?

I just need them on mainly to quiet it a little bit and pass the "Visual" inspection.
                      We do inspections here in Mansfield, do not have any additive in the tank when you do the inspection, turning down the psi just makes the injectors hang open and it wont pass. 87, oil change, plugs it will probably pass.

Comment

Working...
                      X