94 5.0 help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 94 5.0 help

I finally started working on my project car again. All the problems started about 2 years ago. Took it on a 500 mile trip, everything ran great. Left it idling as I ran into the store to grab a drink. Hopped back in and went to take off and it fell flat on its face. Studdering and backfiring t anything other than light throttle. Limped it home and it's sat in the garage until about 4 months ago when I finally started to play with it again.

Here is a video of what it is doing (please excuse the crappy camera work)

The motor is a stock bottem end. 40p heads. B cam. Trickflow intake. O/r x into 40s. Mail order tune from DDR.

In the last 4 months I've changed the following
    Fuel pump - bbk
    Fuel filter - oem
    Pip - oem
    Cap rotor plugs
    Injectors - venom 24s
    02 sensors - oem
    Coil - msd
    Tune - DDR racing for 24s head combo and egr delete
    Maf - oem
    Iac and tps - oem
    Injector harness ( old one was hacked into)
    Car has no codes showing

I'm at a stand still on what it could be now. My next step would be Mach timing jumped some how. But it starts right up and idles fine. Anyone have any ideas?

Thanks.

How about the TFI?

Comment

More than likely a bad stator(hall effect sensor in distributor) or as stated above TFI module. They are very common to fail on the 94-95 5.0's.

Comment

Originally posted by 91GriggsGT View Post
        How about the TFI?
        Never expected the TFI because it starts and idles fine. Is there an easy way to test it?

Comment

Originally posted by RJDCobra View Post
          More than likely a bad stator(hall effect sensor in distributor) or as stated above TFI module. They are very common to fail on the 94-95 5.0's.
          Are you talking about the PIP sensor? The sensor inside the dizzy?

Comment

Shocker urinary tract infection?

Comment

Any diagnosis been done? Does the fuel pressure maintain under load (could have poor voltage to the pump)

Checked TPS voltage while driving?

Is the vehicle voltage normal wile driving, I have seen alternators that were ok at idle and drop off while driving and the light does not always come on.

You said no codes, but what do the fuel trims look like?

Have you tried unbolting the h-pipe to see if the cats/mufflers are clogged (does it have cats?)

You could try the TFI for sure and if the problem remains you'll have a spare to keep in the glove box (never leave home without one).

Comment

From what I got from reading the OP, it sounds like you have problems once it gets hot. Kinda typical of a TFI module going out. You have replaced everything else, might as well try that. If it still has problems, move on and continue the diagnosis process.

Comment

Originally posted by Shockeruti View Post
                  Are you talking about the PIP sensor? The sensor inside the dizzy?
                  Yes

Comment

ECT sensor perhaps?

Comment

Working...
                    X