Budget performance FE ideas??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Budget performance FE ideas??

No one is stepping up to buy my 64 Galaxie convertible so I think I am going to build a nice steet motor for it so I can enjoy it. The stock 352 just is not doing it for me. Most of the stuff I see about these is all out race car thumpers or stock rebuilds. I want a nice lumpy sounding cruiser that can burn the tires with the drop of the clutch pedal without breaking the bank. Anyone here have some good experience with these motors. I would like to find a 428 to build but everyone wants to much for a core so I will more than likely start with a 390.

6-25-10 RIP Chloe Rene Daddy loves you always

78 Suburban (slammed with LS in future)
    54 Olds 88 2dr HT
    12 Camaro SS convertible

Probably the best thing you can do is put an Edelbrock intake on it. It will save you an ungodly amount of weight, too. Most of the FE stuff is pretty expensive. I had a 390 in a 67 Fastback in the late 90's with a 572 lift cam, longtubes, 411s, intake, the big valve heads, and an 850 Demon Carb, and that fucker would move. Sounded great, too! Just don't rev it too high. They like to eat rod bearings.

Comment

Have you checked out Survival Motorsports? They're some really good guys, and I'm certain they'd get you pointed in the right direction, even if they can't sell you something.
      Survival Motorsports Ford FE engine home page with links to stroker kits, engine builds and everything for FE power.
      ZOMBIE REAGAN FOR PRESIDENT 2016!!! heh

Comment

Working...
      X