t5 numbers and price help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• t5 numbers and price help

Have a chance to buy a t5 for my conversion. Numbers on the side is a c 2605803. Story on it is it was traded for work. Guy drove mustang to his shop and they pulled it and motor out. Can someone hopefully inbox me what a good price is for this is with only knowing that. He says its a 3550...

Originally posted by elongoria View Post
    Have a chance to buy a t5 for my conversion. Numbers on the side is a c 2605803. Story on it is it was traded for work. Guy drove mustang to his shop and they pulled it and motor out. Can someone hopefully inbox me what a good price is for this is with only knowing that. He says its a 3550...
    355o is not a T-5 any pictures?

Comment

its a 3550 from looking up cast number on the side...
      dont have away to post picture

Comment

Does it have a place for 3 shifters?

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

91coupe i am going to look for that when i go look at it tomorrow. but i amgoing with tools in hand to get it then if it is. just wanting to know what i should be willing to spend if the numbers are what he said they are and it is a 3550...

Comment

800$ would be a good price if you can get everything. But he might want 1200-1500 including the bell housing and clutch. Depending on what clutch the price can vary.

Some even go for 1800

Comment

Comment

all i am gonna say is yall would cry if you knew what i am gonna give for it. i may not even go to sleep when i get off work just to make sure i get it. it is still mated to the engine. Does anyone know what exact tools i need to get it apart? What clutch do i get for it if i need to get a new one?

Comment

I got a T5 for free Sunday, will that make anyone cry?

Comment

what parts would i have to get for it? i have a new stock clutch assembly... would it not work? i dont have a beefed up engine and was just looking for a 5 speed for my car and came across this one.

Comment

what parts would i have to get for it? i have a new stock clutch assembly... would it not work? i dont have a beefed up engine and was just looking for a 5 speed for my car and came across this one.

Tremec and T5 clutches are different.

Comment

all i am gonna say is yall would cry if you knew what i am gonna give for it. i may not even go to sleep when i get off work just to make sure i get it. it is still mated to the engine. Does anyone know what exact tools i need to get it apart? What clutch do i get for it if i need to get a new one?
                        Just get the clutch he has. The clutch is up to how much you want to spend. They range from 200-2500. Lol

Deals are to be had, just don't get to worked up and end up with a t5.

You'll need a set of 3/8s drive metric sockets and wrenches, grab 1/2in drive too if you have it. You will need an assorted extensions and 1 or 2 swivel joints. If used like 18-24 inches of extensions depending on how I'm doing it.

Take a saws all if just in case his exhaust is welded.

Grab a break over bar too.

You may need 2 1/2 or 13mm wrenches to undue to clutch cable.

If you're not a haas. Get a 12pnt 12mm socket for your 1/2 or 3/8s. (For the drive shaft bolts)

7/16s wrench for the speedometer cable.

And anything else you think you may need. But that should do it.

Comment

The tko took a different clutch, the 3550 didnt.

get everything you can pry out of him. Sounds like your getting it for a steal.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                            The tko took a different clutch, the 3550 didnt.

get everything you can pry out of him. Sounds like your getting it for a steal.
                            Yep still 10 spline.

Comment

Look and see if it's a stock flywheel and snag his driveshaft if its aluminum.

Comment

Working...
                              X