Car Over Heating, Picked a great day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car Over Heating, Picked a great day!

Well, while at lunch car was fine and a/c blowing good. Then on my way back I noticed no cool air coming from a/c then temp gauge started increasing. Car started getting a little sluggish too. Got to turn my heater on with the windows down in this lovely weather!

Coolant Tank was overflowing a little, any ideas?

Make, model, year, motor, mods, etc. Would help a great deal...
    Originally posted by Silverback
    Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Probably just a thermostat.

Comment

Originally posted by bjtheman1 View Post
        Well, while at lunch car was fine and a/c blowing good. Then on my way back I noticed no cool air coming from a/c then temp gauge started increasing. Car started getting a little sluggish too. Got to turn my heater on with the windows down in this lovely weather!

Coolant Tank was overflowing a little, any ideas?
        From your description, it sounds like it was running hot.
        When the government pays, the government controls.

Comment

Originally posted by 46Tbird View Post
          From your description, it sounds like it was running hot.
          lol.
          Look all you want, she can't find anyone else who treats her as bad as I do, and I keep her self esteem so low, she wouldn't think twice about going anywhere else.

Comment

Water pump, hole in the radiator or water hose. E-fan, or e-fan fuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
              Make, model, year, motor, mods, etc. Would help a great deal...
              2007 Roush 427R
              48,000 miles
              V8 4.6 3V
              Smaller Pulley
              CAI
              Tune
              3.73's
              Afco Heat Exhanger
              Ford Racing SVT Fan
              Exedy Mach 500 Stage 3 Clutch & Exedy Steel Flywheel

Off-hand that's what I can think of for now. I just hope I can make it home!

Comment

If no water is found to be leaking anywhere I would bet its the thermal fuse* that's in the e-fan shroud, it acts as a bypass to the e-fan. Its only about $35.00 from Ford.

*It's called something else, but its a small box right under the upper water hose...

Comment

I made it home. Kept the heater on the whole way windows down, still sucked! Engine temp though stayed normal the entire time.

When I was almost home I turned the a/c back on high and it worked, I let it sit on for a bit too and the temp stayed normal. Wtf?

Let it cool for an hour then took it for a drive did the same thing again. The a/c stopped blowing cold, temps started increasing and car got sluggish.
                  Last edited by bjtheman1; 08-20-2013, 03:45 PM.

Comment

Your car is toast. Wanna sell me your gears, clutch, and flywheel on the cheap???

J/K man...that sucks....but what R.Modena said

Comment

Originally posted by bjtheman1 View Post
                      I made it home. Kept the heater on the whole way windows down, still sucked! Engine temp though stayed normal the entire time.

When I was almost home I turned the a/c back on high and it worked, I let it sit on for a bit too and the temp stayed normal. Wtf?

Let it cool for an hour then took it for a drive did the same thing again. The a/c stopped blowing cold, temps started increasing and car got sluggish.
                      I cant think of what that relay is called, but it sometimes fry's the wires in the connection harness that sits towards the right fender. In the two I have changed it was loose and was giving intermittent power to the fan and sometimes not at all. I changes the relay and cleaned the connections and they both worked fine. One was a 2006 & 2007 GT and V-6.

Comment

Originally posted by Rick Modena View Post
                        I cant think of what that relay is called, but it sometimes fry's the wires in the connection harness that sits towards the right fender. In the two I have changed it was loose and was giving intermittent power to the fan and sometimes not at all. I changes the relay and cleaned the connections and they both worked fine. One was a 2006 & 2007 GT and V-6.
                        The plug for the fan in my 98 melted. Fan wouldn't come on and it overheated.

For my car, if the AC is on high the fan is supposed to come on, idk if it is the same way for the 07 buy it could be one way to test if your fan is working.
                        Originally posted by Theodore Roosevelt
                        It is not the critic who counts; not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles, or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood; who strives valiantly; who errs, who comes short again and again, because there is no effort without error and shortcoming...

Comment

Checked my fan and it worked fine, installed a new thermostat and everything seems back to normal. Hope it lasts. Thanks for the help

Comment

Damn ford

Comment

Sounds like fan not coming on

Comment

Working...
                              X