which clutch?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• which clutch?

okay, before I am burned at the stake, I did do a quick search and didn't find anything on the first page. Anyhow, I'm in search of a new clutch, 11" preferred. Engine is a 5.4L nothing special about it, trans is a t56 with a 26 spline input shaft. I know to stay the hell away from spec. Price range within reason 2-300 and the very very most 400.

I have run and installed many many spec clutches with 0 issues.

Comment

Mine always heat check like crazy

Comment

I have a McLeod RXT Twin Disk. Clutch = amazing... but a little out of your price range

Comment

Do you need a flywheel too? If not a Z06 clutch might be a good option and are pretty cheap. Also, check out monster clutch they have good products and can set you up
          1971 Ford Torino - Time to go bigger and better.

2011 F150 Limited - Stock with a 6.2

Comment

Originally posted by Unicorn Jeff View Post
            I have a McLeod RXT Twin Disk. Clutch = amazing... but a little out of your price range
            Lucky sob! Want to donate? Lol

Originally posted by Torinoman View Post
            Do you need a flywheel too? If not a Z06 clutch might be a good option and are pretty cheap. Also, check out monster clutch they have good products and can set you up
            Oddly enough I'm running a spec aluminum flywheel that now needs a new friction plate on it. But I'll def look into monster clutch and a z06 clutch.

Comment

I just recently went with a Exedy Mach 500 Stage 3 Clutch & Exedy Flywheel. Nice clutch, I can't complain

Comment

Spec makes a fine clutch. I would go with a Spec 2 or 2+.

Comment

Just pulled my stage 2+. Flywheel and pressure plate look like a cheetah. Hear checked like crazy. Going to replace the friction disc on the flywheel while I'm at it

Comment

How many miles are on it? Did you break it in properly?

Comment

My spec 2 had some blue spots on both the flywheel and pressure plate, but it still held over 500 hp at 5k rpm drops in a 3400 lb car with 0 slipping issues... every spec I have installed has never once shown an issue with holding power for hp rating and always ran smooth. just my experience

Comment

It's got roughly 10k miles on it from me. I bought it used, guy sent it with the t56 so I'm not sure about break in. It doesn't slip. The fingers on the pressure plate are a little warped and not all sitting flush with each other. So I need a new one needless to say

Comment

Originally posted by Jmd View Post
                          It's got roughly 10k miles on it from me. I bought it used, guy sent it with the t56 so I'm not sure about break in. It doesn't slip. The fingers on the pressure plate are a little warped and not all sitting flush with each other. So I need a new one needless to say
                          Doesn't sound like its been a bad clutch to me. A performance clutch will have a shortened life span over a factory stock clutch no matter the brand. If you put 10K on it and the person before you put 10K on it, thats not too bad considering its still working and you don't know if the proper break in was performed on it or not.

Comment

whats proper break in proceedure?

Comment

200-500 miles easy driving without giving it full power. It allows the 2 surfaces to mate, if you don't do this it will cause it to get hot and wear out.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

Working...
                              X