Battery light?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Battery light?

When I start my car for the first time each day, the battery light will be on. It will go off after the car gets to operating temperature; maybe a minute or two before that. I've replaced the battery and alternator this year. Any ideas why it's on?? Car is in my sig.
    2004 Mustang GT: BBK shorty headers, BBK O/R X, Flowmaster catback, JLT cold air, Trickflow 75mm TB and Plenum, UD pulleys, upper and lower CA's, 3.73, SCT XCal 2 ---- SOLD

Let me guess. When you replaced the alternator it was a reman unit from AZ or O'Reilys?

Comment

I've had 3 different alternators in roughly 2 years. First 2 were from Summit and both failed not long after being put on and then I went with one from Orielly's and it has lasted the longest being over 6 months now I think.
      2004 Mustang GT: BBK shorty headers, BBK O/R X, Flowmaster catback, JLT cold air, Trickflow 75mm TB and Plenum, UD pulleys, upper and lower CA's, 3.73, SCT XCal 2 ---- SOLD

Comment

whats running voltage?
        Some cars and a bike...

Some say... they have been raced, some a lot

Comment

Are you asking what aftermarket stuff I have that could be using extra?

Edit: If you're asking what is the voltage while running, I'll check tomorrow.

Comment

You might try adding a ground wire directly from the alternator to the negative side of the battery. And maybe have your battery load tested, even if it's new-ish.

AutoStart in Lewisville rebuilt the OE Motorcaft unit on my '03. Rock solid.

Comment

Working...
            X