Aftermarket Excelon HU works, NO SOUND

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Aftermarket Excelon HU works, NO SOUND

Yesterday I was driving & turned the car off to pick up my son & when I got back in to my car. The HU came on, But no sound. HU seems to work fine. You can see it display of the song & it playing it. But no sound. Im sure it something simple. But what that simple thing is I don't know. I did check the two Radio Fuse's on the side panel on drivers door & swapped the fuse's that say Radio Assy. But still the same problem. I just don't know what changed to cause this. This is a 99 SS
    GOD BLESS TEXAS
    August Landscaping
    214-779-7278
    Seb's high class.
    He'll mow your grass.
    He'll kick your ass.
    And while his kidney stones pass,
    He'll piss in a glass!

Originally posted by SEB View Post
    Yesterday I was driving & turned the car off to pick up my son & when I got back in to my car. The HU came on, But no sound. HU seems to work fine. You can see it display of the song & it playing it. But no sound. Im sure it something simple. But what that simple thing is I don't know. I did check the two Radio Fuse's on the side panel on drivers door & swapped the fuse's that say Radio Assy. But still the same problem. I just don't know what changed to cause this. This is a 99 SS
    Maybe there's a seperate amp fuse somewhere? Just a wild ass guess.
    sigpic

Comment

That or the pre amp took a shit and is not sending signals any more.

If you have separate amp, I'd start there and work your way back.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

i bet its running through the factory amp

Comment

It has a one Kicker Amp for Sub & One Kicker Amp for the rest of the speakers. I looked for other fuse's & no only found the fuse's on the Amps. Should I pull the HU and check the fuse in it?
          GOD BLESS TEXAS
          August Landscaping
          214-779-7278
          Seb's high class.
          He'll mow your grass.
          He'll kick your ass.
          He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

If the head unit powers on, it is getting what it needs. It won't be a fuse problem there. Are the amps turning on, they usually have some kind of an indicator somewhere that will light up.

Comment

Originally posted by shumpertdavid View Post
              If the head unit powers on, it is getting what it needs. It won't be a fuse problem there. Are the amps turning on, they usually have some kind of an indicator somewhere that will light up.
              This. Should be led indicators on the amps to give their state. There should be fuses or fusible links for the amps. They should be pretty close to the battery, I want to say within 12" but I can't remember the max distance for the life of me.

If you are getting zero sound, and it is an amp problem, you should find a fuse/fusable link/breaker feeding a distribution block. I wouldn't think they would have separate power lines feeding each amp and the fuses blew simultaneously. The other items to check would be the amp trigger wire and amp grounds

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2
              Originally posted by Leah
              Best balls I've had in my mouth in a while.

Comment

fusable link. itll be on the power cord near the battery most likely

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                  This. Should be led indicators on the amps to give their state. There should be fuses or fusible links for the amps. They should be pretty close to the battery, I want to say within 12" but I can't remember the max distance for the life of me.

If you are getting zero sound, and it is an amp problem, you should find a fuse/fusable link/breaker feeding a distribution block. I wouldn't think they would have separate power lines feeding each amp and the fuses blew simultaneously. The other items to check would be the amp trigger wire and amp grounds

Big Props to this guy! Yep my fusible link came disconnected. It is being held together by tape! Its fixed now! WOOHOO
                  GOD BLESS TEXAS
                  August Landscaping
                  214-779-7278
                  Seb's high class.
                  He'll mow your grass.
                  He'll kick your ass.
                  He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

Big Props to this guy! Yep my fusible link came disconnected. It is being held together by tape! Its fixed now! WOOHOO
                    Glad we could get you straightened out SEB. My systems were always properly crimped or soldered and covered with heat shrink.

Comment

Originally posted by black2002ls View Post
                      Glad we could get you straightened out SEB. My systems were always properly crimped or soldered and covered with heat shrink.

I need to talk to you about The Rat, Want to hook up a Subthump Box & replace some sail panel Speakers & get a Ipod adapter for my stock head unit

Thanks again for posting up. Would have never occurred to check near the battery
                      GOD BLESS TEXAS
                      August Landscaping
                      214-779-7278
                      Seb's high class.
                      He'll mow your grass.
                      He'll kick your ass.
                      He'll piss in a glass!

Comment

I need to talk to you about The Rat, Want to hook up a Subthump Box & replace some sail panel Speakers & get a Ipod adapter for my stock head unit

Thanks again for posting up. Would have never occurred to check near the battery
                        EW is the guy to talk to about components. It has been the better part of 10 years since I have really been in to car audio.

Comment

Its a chevy what do you expect

Comment

Originally posted by Whiteboy View Post
                            Its a chevy what do you expect
                            Ha ha!
                            GOD BLESS TEXAS
                            August Landscaping
                            214-779-7278
                            Seb's high class.
                            He'll mow your grass.
                            He'll kick your ass.