What would you do ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What would you do ?

I picked up a 93 Cobra Last week. The previous owner had removed the pulleys, upper/lower intake -alt - ac system & plumbing - head covers and headers.

HE stated that the engine was in perfect running order when he started to pull it last year . He lost interested and thats how i got it.

I have started to put it back together..... Now im thinking if i should just continue to pull it and bore it , add cam, change heads and upper lower intake. etc....

I dont have a lot of money to throw at this thing so there is my dilema...

Thoughts -

( i could use some help on the upper/lower intake... bolts not making any sense, some go in with ease, some appear to short, some just slide all the way in til they bottom out.... ))

Thanks for reading .

shit up newb!

Comment

Originally posted by Damnittsteve View Post
      shit up newb!
      Hilarious typo!

Comment

I would just put it back together if you are on a budget, post some pics.

Comment

For what it's worth, since it's already mostly apart, now would be the time to do it right. At the very least, freshen up the bottom end. New bearings, etc. Might as well add what you want now too.

Comment

Well, the first thing I would do is tell Steve to fuck off, then lsx swap.
            Ded

Comment

I'd freshen up the bottom end and cam, and leave everything else alone for later if you're on a budget. That way you'll at least have a good foundation and can easily modify it later if you want to.

Comment

Originally posted by Craizie View Post
                Hilarious typo!
                stupid phone! lol

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                  I'd freshen up the bottom end and cam, and leave everything else alone for later if you're on a budget. That way you'll at least have a good foundation and can easily modify it later if you want to.
                  Best advise so far....

Now. as far as the bottom end goes... who do you suggest and whats the cost ?

I have been out of the loop for a WHILE!

Comment

[QUOTE=VaderTT;1130602]Well, the first thing I would do is tell Steve to fuck off .

No , this was the best advice ! LOL
                    Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Originally posted by talisman View Post
                      Agreed .

The parts are cheap and if was running then there should be little to no machine work to do . Hit Summit and get the bearings , rings , gaskets and a new oil pump and get to it .

EDIT , don't forget main , head and intake bolts .
                      Big Rooster Racing

Comment

If he started taking it apart you can bet it was due to some problem that you have yet to discover. Check things out well and reassemble. Get it running & pinpoint the problems. Fix those before going any farther.

Comment

Just put it together lol

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

The only thing you could do to lower the value would be an LS swap. Just do whatever you can afford toward what you want to do. The closer it is to stock/correct will increase its value, but enough has been done so you are ok to just drive it.
                            sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                            17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                            13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                            86 SVO - Sold
                            '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                            01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                            65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

How many miles on the car? Like others stated, i'd leave the stock GT40 heads, 1.7 rockers, and Cobra intake and just add a cam. It'll keep the car close to stock and still run strong.

I got a quote from a place in Lewisville last year, can't think of the name at the moment, to rebuild a stock 302 was $350. It was a place that Paul (Greenbullitt) had recommended.

Post pics. I love '93 Cobra's.

Marcus
                              '99 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4.0L

Comment

Working...
                              X