inner tie rod help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• inner tie rod help

gonna try to replace these this weekend. Never done these, do I need any special tools or whatnot? Also, on the inner tie rod, how do I remove those little pins or whatever they are before I loosen the rod itself? I've included a pic of the same style inner as I have below to show what the hell Im trying to ask. I thought my new ones would have instructions but they don't. Doesn't look like its that hard, but just thought I'd ask. Thanks!

-Blaine

yes, tap out the pins and then just turn the nut with a wrench, and there might be a c clip in there aswell, i dont remember since the last time i did it

Originally posted by DOHCTR
    You sir are the poster child for "Go big or go home"!

Comment

Originally posted by bonnie&clyde View Post
      yes, tap out the pins and then just turn the nut with a wrench, and there might be a c clip in there aswell, i dont remember since the last time i did it
      uh, you have to drill it out.
      Doug

90 LX Coupe 5.0
      90 7up Vert. 5.0

Comment

I just put a large wrench on it and sheer the pin . After you thread off the tie rod the rest just falls out . It doesn't sound good but it does not take much pressure to do it . If you drill it out you may open up the hole on in the rack arm and the new pin could be loose . I do these allot .
        Big Rooster Racing

Comment

Originally posted by dumpycapri85 View Post
          I just put a large wrench on it and sheer the pin . After you thread off the tie rod the rest just falls out . It doesn't sound good but it does not take much pressure to do it . If you drill it out you may open up the hole on in the rack arm and the new pin could be loose . I do these allot .
          doesn't leave anything in the holes on the rack? The other half of the sheered pin?
          -Blaine

Comment

Originally posted by bpawl View Post
            doesn't leave anything in the holes on the rack? The other half of the sheered pin?
            Nope , falls right out . Worst case you can use an awl and push it thru till it falls out .
            Big Rooster Racing

Comment

these did just thread off if anyone cares. the old pins came right out. thanks for the help!
              -Blaine

Comment

Its sounds screwy but thats how it works . The first one I did weirded me out a little but its easy . Glad you got it fixed . Did you get it aligned yet ?
                Big Rooster Racing

Comment

yes, place in Gainesville did it today
                  -Blaine

Comment

Working...
                  X