spark plug change

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• spark plug change

i just don't know what plugs to use. sparkplugs.com says that i can use Champion, NGK and Denso. i HATE Champion with a passion, part of why i want to change my plugs. i wanted to run Denso because i have heard all good things and that they are supposed to be some of the best plugs on the market. I have heard alot of good about NGK also, but i have never used them. the Denso plugs are hard to get and will take me a couple weeks to get them. i found a cross reference for the NGK. i work for a Mitsubishi dealership and we keep the NGK plugs in stock. if i went with the NGK, it will cost me about $20 more to run those. if you had the choice, would you pay the extra and go with the NGK?

BTW, this is for my 2012 Chrysler 200 3.6L

I like both NGK and Denso. Both are factory plugs for Japanese Mazda

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2
    2015 F250 Platinum

Comment

Originally posted by fordracing19 View Post
      I like both NGK and Denso. Both are factory plugs for Japanese Mazda

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk 2

i would prefer Denso, but can't find them for my car. Napa that we use here at work can get them, but i have to pay shipping and have buy 8 as they will not break up a box of 4.

Comment

Use em alot (ngk) good choice.

Comment

I run NGK's in both Stangs...
          04 GT
          91 LX

Comment

I run NGK in everything
            sigpic
            00 Camaro SS, stuff, tuned by Sam - sold
            2004 GMC Sierra, tuned by Sam
            03 CR250R crash test dummy vehicle
            08 Yard machines mower, choppin up those blades

Originally posted by Stephen
            FUCK!! im gay then

Comment

I bet it has champion plugs in it or did from the factory.
              "It's another burrito, it's a cold Lone Star in my hand!"

Comment

im thinking im just gonna wait to get the Denso plugs shipped in. my average mpg was around 29, got as high as 31.8. right now, im bouncing from 22-25 and the rough idle is getting worse. im starting to feel it buck some while driving.

Comment

Have you checked for codes or anything?

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
                    Have you checked for codes or anything?
                    it's not throwing any codes. it's the only thing i can think it would be that's easy.

Comment

I must be getting lazy in my old age. Spark plugs on factory crap gets factory replacements.

Comment

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                        I must be getting lazy in my old age. Spark plugs on factory crap gets factory replacements.
                        but, when you drive as much as i do, and the factory crap is just that, then you want to put something better in.

Comment

Throw ngks in it. I'd start by looking at the current ones and determining the problem. If its the plugs at all but it never hurts to change them.

Comment

Originally posted by jlyon View Post
                            it's not throwing any codes. it's the only thing i can think it would be that's easy.
                            I'm not very familiar with the 3.6L but the 3.5L had some issues with the valves not rotating enough during low RPM driving causing them to carbon up. This caused a rough idle until it got bad enough to throw a code for random misfire.

Originally posted by Sleeper View Post
                            If it isn't any kind of hot rod I do this as well.

Comment

Originally posted by dee View Post
                              I'm not very familiar with the 3.6L but the 3.5L had some issues with the valves not rotating enough during low RPM driving causing them to carbon up. This caused a rough idle until it got bad enough to throw a code for random misfire.

If it isn't any kind of hot rod I do this as well.

i have done a carbon flush on it already, and it did seem to help a little bit. it came with Champion plugs originally, and i HATE Champions. im dam sure not going to put those back in. i have heard nothing but good about denso, so im going to go with those. plus, i can get those for around $50 shipped, and the NGK will cost me almost $12 each. i work for a Mitsubishi dealer, and Mitsubishi uses both NGK and Denso. the cross reference for my car to mitsubishi plugs are the NGK. we stock them, but i don't know that i want to pay an extra $25 for the set just to go with the NGK.

Comment

Working...
                              X