6200+rpm car turns off ish.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thesource View Post
    I don't think it matters. 6250 is the factory rev limiter as far as I know for all of the 5.0 Foxes. I think the Cobra even banged out at 6250.
    I over-revved my mustang once when I had it, I'm positive that it goes over 6,500 minimum, heh. I think it was the a9p ecu, I can't remember, it's been forever.

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
      I hear that's a rumor, seems to be evidence of that in this thread.

A9P?
      Yes that's what I have.

320rwhp. 7.67 @ 90mph 1.7 60'

DD: 2004 GMC Sierra VHO 6.0 LQ9 324whp 350wtrq

Comment

i was wondering if rev limiter spark or fuel controller? and if it is spark controller and put a msd 6al with a 6.5k pill will it rev up past 6k? just kinda of wondering even tho all my power is before 5k

Comment

Maybe that's people with fucked up tachs

Mine turns off, gauge looks to be just shy of 6500 when it shuts off.

About 2 years ago I was messing around in Water and banged it out before the tune and mods.

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
            Maybe that's people with fucked up tachs

Mine turns off, gauge looks to be just shy of 6500 when it shuts off.

About 2 years ago I was messing around in Water and banged it out before the tune and mods.
            Because you have a chip with a tune that probably has a rev limiter on it.

Comment

Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
              Because you have a chip with a tune that probably has a rev limiter on it.
              It did it before the tune?

Comment

Maybe back when it happened 2 years ago it was the valve floating at 6500? Stock tired stuff? It was more subtle and didn't turn the car off like now.

Comment

Originally posted by 91CoupeMike View Post
                  Maybe back when it happened 2 years ago it was the valve floating at 6500? Stock tired stuff? It was more subtle and didn't turn the car off like now.
                  Not sure, I'd ask your tuner.

Comment

Originally posted by 90GT50 View Post
                    I over-revved my mustang once when I had it, I'm positive that it goes over 6,500 minimum, heh. I think it was the a9p ecu, I can't remember, it's been forever.
                    If you are going off the factory tach, a 5.0 can spin 7000 rpms but 6250 is the rev limiter.

Comment

dont you want to keep the rpm under 6500 in a pushrod 5.0 because they throw rods at those engine speeds? i thought i heard that before.
                      2011 Mustang GT
                      sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by KungFuHamster View Post
                        dont you want to keep the rpm under 6500 in a pushrod 5.0 because they throw rods at those engine speeds? i thought i heard that before.
                        I rev mine that high and the rods are still in it so far

Comment

Originally posted by KungFuHamster View Post
                          Maybe with a stock balancer. I have a steel sfi balancer. So I should be okay. The rods are okay but the block is garbage.

Comment

This has been a very informative thread, is this still DFWmustangs?
                            Hey mike, if you want to get some good video and pictures of your car at the track hit me up!

Comment

Originally posted by 4bangen View Post
                              This has been a very informative thread, is this still DFWmustangs?
                              Hey mike, if you want to get some good video and pictures of your car at the track hit me up!
                              I'm trying hard as hell to make this place more tech oriented!
                              Interested in being a VIP member and donating to the site? Click here http://dfwmustangs.net/forums/payments.php

Comment

Originally posted by Mach1 View Post
                                I'm trying hard as hell to make this place more tech oriented!
                                You're doing a good job, I like the CMC build

Comment

Working...
                                X