Before I buy the tools...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before I buy the tools...

I need the MM IRS bushing removal tools as I have some bushings coming in next week or so and I Want to install them before I put the IRS in my fox. Does anyone have the tools and want to sell them or loan them to me?

Originally posted by stevo
    Not a good idea to go Tim 'The Toolman' Taylor on the power phallus.

Stevo

you pick up that IRS?
    "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

The one from the classifieds last week... yeah. The IRS was always in my plans for the car so I couldn't pass up the deal. Next year I'm going to put in a FTBR bushing kit on it but for now I paid $32 shipped from Amazon yesterday for prothane subframe bushing and front/rear diff mount bushing kits so I need to get the tools to go ahead and install those before I get the whole thing installed in the car. For what it would've cost to put in the 3.55 gears I wanted anyways, as well as then getting the stick axle to handle worth a crap was gonna be over $1k, so I spent the $500 on this and figure it'll outhandle the SRA no problem for that amount of money and I got the 3.55 gears already in it.

Stevo

Comment

Originally posted by bird_dog0347 View Post
        The one from the classifieds last week... yeah. The IRS was always in my plans for the car so I couldn't pass up the deal. Next year I'm going to put in a FTBR bushing kit on it but for now I paid $32 shipped from Amazon yesterday for prothane subframe bushing and front/rear diff mount bushing kits so I need to get the tools to go ahead and install those before I get the whole thing installed in the car.
        sweet. We kicked around buying it and throwing it under the fairmont.
        "If I asked people what they wanted, they would have said faster horses." - Henry Ford

Comment

IRS Fox? I have always wanted to try that. I even thought about IRS for my 95.
          Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
            sweet. We kicked around buying it and throwing it under the fairmont.
            What are y'all currently running on it? PHB/TA?

Originally posted by kbscobravert View Post
            IRS Fox? I have always wanted to try that. I even thought about IRS for my 95.
            Man with the power levels you'll be at, and considering you already have the full MM rear end on it I wouldn't make the jump in your case. You'll need a fully built rear end will all the FTBR derlin/aluminum bushings, and maybe even new half shafts at some point... My car is slow and will be slow for a long while. Before I really start adding any kind of power I'm making sure the brakes/suspension are up for it, and then I still need to get all the supporting mods done first like fuel, ignition, TB and mass air, etc.

Stevo

Comment

What are y'all currently running on it? PHB/TA?

stock.

Comment

Originally posted by Baron View Post
                stock.
                I bet that thing can be just fine one second and going backwards the next if you aren't paying attention.

Stevo

Comment

I bet that thing can be just fine one second and going backwards the next if you aren't paying attention.
                  after we boxed the rear upper/lower arms, added new poly lower and rubber upper bushings, and some good shocks it is very predictable. Ive got some video of driving at ECR that ill edit down some highlights or a short eventful part. I watched my whole hour and 45 mins to see if what I thought was correct really was: I passed the same cars over and over, but never got passed the hole time. The other 'fast cars' were on the other side of the track.

Comment

Man with the power levels you'll be at, and considering you already have the full MM rear end on it I wouldn't make the jump in your case. You'll need a fully built rear end will all the FTBR derlin/aluminum bushings, and maybe even new half shafts at some point... My car is slow and will be slow for a long while. Before I really start adding any kind of power I'm making sure the brakes/suspension are up for it, and then I still need to get all the supporting mods done first like fuel, ignition, TB and mass air, etc.
                    If you can believe, I once considered keeping power around 450 max. Shit got out of hand.
                    Fuck you. We're going to Costco.

Comment

If you can believe, I once considered keeping power around 450 max. Shit got out of hand.

Comment

Stevo

Comment

I'm gonna order the tools today if no one has them... bump...

Stevo

Comment

You might pm DarrenM. I know he has an IRS in his, and might have those. If not, I might go in, as I will be doing this before long to the SVO. I have the 03 IRS sitting here.
                            sigpic18 F150 Supercrew - daily
                            17 F150 Supercrew - totaled Dec 12, 2018
                            13 DIB Premium GT, M6, Track Pack, Glass Roof, Nav, Recaros - Sold
                            86 SVO - Sold
                            '03 F150 Supercrew - Sold
                            01 TJ - new toy - Sold
                            65 F100 (460 + C6) - Sold

Comment

Originally posted by Chas_svo View Post
                              You might pm DarrenM. I know he has an IRS in his, and might have those. If not, I might go in, as I will be doing this before long to the SVO. I have the 03 IRS sitting here.
                              I don't suppose you have the soft brake lines to connect the calipers to the hard lines do you? If so, want to sell them to me?

Stevo

Comment

Working...
                              X